Wireless Access

Highlighted
MVP

Airplay over multiple VLANs

Hi all,

Looking a bit of help with Airplay.

We are using a device called Airtame and it allows the use of Airplay or it's on discovery using DLNA.

Controller is local on site and is on a VLAN called AP Lan where the controller and APs sit.  The Corporate Wifi LAN has its on VLAN on the controller for corporate clients.  On the switch at the top level we have another VLAN called the Media lan which is for devices such as airtames, printers etc. used for media. 

IGMP groups have been set up on the Cisco ASA to allow for multicast groups to be joined for airtame and airplay.

Using Airgroup and IGMP proxy on the AP LAN and then IGMP snooping on the Corporate the airtame device discovers using its own app and is able to connect.  However even with Airplay enabled on the airtame they are not showing up on the airplay feature on mac.  However if i then connect a test Airtame device and move it from VLAN media to the same VLAN as the controller (AP) it then discovers using airplay. 

In summary it appears that airplay is not displaying the device that is on a different VLAN.  Does anyone know how best to troubleshoot or if i am missing a step? Or even if what i am trying to do is possible?

Thanks

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Re: Airplay over multiple VLANs

Afaik the controller needs to have a IP adress in any VLAN that takes part in AirGroup.

Sven - AMFX #35
Highlighted
MVP

However the controller has an IP on 192.168.XX.XX

The Airtames are on a different VLAN 172.xx.xx.xx

The airgorup using airtame services works so not sure why Airplay is not working.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

I don't know how Airtame service is working or what protocol they are using.

For Airplay over AirGroup the controller needs to have IP addresses in all the VLANs. Can you see the Airtame on the controllers AirGroup dashboard?

Sven - AMFX #35
Highlighted
MVP

Yes can see the airtame.

It is using DLNA and the airtame profile i set up.  I also included the default-airplay and default-airprint in this group.

The controller has a VRRP address on each VLAN

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

i have the same issue but when i check the airtame on the airgroup dashboard i see on the airgroup type mdns only and there is no dlna although i added an ip address to the controller on the new vlan ,does anybody have an idea

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: