Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave DHCP Stats

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave DHCP Stats

Posted Oct 19, 2017 09:47 AM

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to Clarity in Airwave but I appear to be getting some crazy stats.

Could anyone confirm what is actually being measured and if the readings are reliable?

Airwave is frequently showing +40 second AVERAGE response times from our servers, but a wireshark on a new WiFi connection shows just a few milliseconds between DHCPDiscover and DHCPAck.

Thanks.

2hr DHCP Response times2hr DHCP Response times

• 2.  RE: Airwave DHCP Stats

Posted Oct 19, 2017 11:00 PM

Airwave just reports what the controller sends it in AMON. If you want to dig into it, you will plenty of free time and to open a TAC case, then fight over whether it's an Airwave issue (is not) or a controller issue (is) and then setup and capture DHCP+AMON and then correlate the captures, then get a bug filed if something wrong is found.

:) good luck ( I can help to direct to you if you want to tackle it yourself, just let me know.)

• 3.  RE: Airwave DHCP Stats

Posted Oct 20, 2017 04:17 AM

Thanks dugem2016, I'll do a bit of digging myself then raise a case.

I have a feeling that the controller is reporting Max DHCP times rather than average which would make our stats slightly less scary!  :)

Cheers.