Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave report, delete exceptional AP of the report

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave report, delete exceptional AP of the report

Posted Dec 07, 2018 08:23 AM

Hi, I would ask if it's possible to delete some AP of my report.

I make daily report of my AP for see if she have user connected or not, but some AP are located in places with little or no traffic at all and i don't want to see this AP on my report.

On my report i only capture this information : 

Information CapturedInformation Captured

I would like if it's possible to reject some AP of my report or if it's obligated to take all AP of one site location (without the possibility to delete one) 

Thank for reading

• 2.  RE: Airwave report, delete exceptional AP of the report

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 07, 2018 09:59 AM

We can export the report in CSV format and delete the APs which have zero usage or you can create a new folder in Airwave and move all the devices which does not have any traffic, while generationg report uncheck and this folder run the report.

• 3.  RE: Airwave report, delete exceptional AP of the report

Posted Jan 04, 2019 05:09 AM

Hi, thank you for you'r answer.

After a few tries, I will take the option to create a new folder and delete the AP which does not interest me.

First I don't understand the difference between new group and new folder. A group is composed of folder ?

I don't found where i can't create a new folder on Aruba, i can create only new group.

So i wanna create a new group but this new group of devices will be used only for report generation and should only be secondary to the first. The first group already in place takes care of capturing all aruba devices without exception.

• 4.  RE: Airwave report, delete exceptional AP of the report

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 04, 2019 07:01 AM

Groups are used for device configuration and folders are for device location.

We can create folder and move APs to respective folder based on their location and where as Groups if you are planning to manage configuraiton , we can place same config controller/IAP in group and manage.

We can create new folder from APs/Device>List page, scroll down, we have option to create folder

• 5.  RE: Airwave report, delete exceptional AP of the report

Posted Jan 04, 2019 07:30 AM

That's ok, but i don't found how to duplicate AP for put them in different folders (to have a file that includes all APs, and another file that groups the desired APs. But one AP can be on the both folders)

Thanks

• 6.  RE: Airwave report, delete exceptional AP of the report
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 04, 2019 09:24 AM

We can not duplicate APs in Airwave