Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Airwave set my controller to monitor only

Hello ,

I am using Airwave and whenever i add my virtual controller (8.5 running as virtual mobility controller under ESX) the controller is added as monitor only and i can not change the option to Manage read/write

What can be the issue?

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Re: Airwave set my controller to monitor only

Are you able to post the Event and Alerts for the device in question after you have set it to Managed?

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Highlighted
MVP Expert

It is expected behavior, MM and MDs setup can be monitor only, we can not manage in Airwave.

Pavan Arshewar | ACCP

If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

So controllers can not be Managed/read write?

What about pushing controller configs from AirWave  there is a full section named controller config where seems to have all options to set.

I can not pull the configs from controller though , what is the catch here?

Can i read WLAN/AP profile from Aruab? can use the controller config section to push config to controllers in a group? (they appear as monitor only as mentioned , can not be changed to managed)

Highlighted
MVP Expert

Aruba OS 8.X Mobility Master and Mobility Devices can not be managed by Airwave , all configuration need to be managed by MM only.

Airwave Controller configuration UI is for Aruba OS 6.X series.

Pavan Arshewar | ACCP

If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: