Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Alcatel 8118 VoIP Phones with high Latency

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Alcatel 8118 VoIP Phones with high Latency

Posted Jun 22, 2012 05:45 AM

Hi,

I've a litte problem and I could not find the reason... I'm using an Aruba 3600 Controller with Software 6.1.2.4.

The voice clients have problems (there are all things configured for that such as WMM and so on). The client could stand 5 meters away from an AP and the Ping-Latenzy is up to 500 ms. I've checked the Way from Controller to the AP, all things fine.

I've searched for Multicast-Streams and so on, nothing to find. If the client makes a call, sometimes it works and sometimes when he moves on the voice quality is bad.

Don't know how 5 meters from an AP can resolute in those problems :-/

Are there any ideas what this problem could be? There are no interferences or something like that. The only strange thing is, that the client goodput is only 10 MBit/s. SNR is over 30, over 50... same thing on all Access-Points :-/

I'm using AP-93 with 2,4 GHz.

• 2.  RE: Alcatel 8118 VoIP Phones with high Latency

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 22, 2012 05:54 AM

What voice protocol is the Alcatel phone using?

• 3.  RE: Alcatel 8118 VoIP Phones with high Latency

Posted Jun 22, 2012 06:09 AM

alcatel uses noe

• 4.  RE: Alcatel 8118 VoIP Phones with high Latency

Posted Jun 22, 2012 06:12 AM

Ok,

in this moment i have found the problem. After activation 802.11k the ping is below 100ms. After deactivation the ping is instantly over 400 ms.

How could that be?

• 5.  RE: Alcatel 8118 VoIP Phones with high Latency

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 22, 2012 06:17 AM

Question:

Do other voice devices have such high latency on the same access point?  If not, please open a case with Alcatel to make sure you have the WLAN portion optimized.  If other devices do NOT have a latency issue, we have to troubleshoot interference, etc.

• 6.  RE: Alcatel 8118 VoIP Phones with high Latency

Posted Jun 22, 2012 06:23 AM

All devices was affected with this problem. After enabling 802.11k ALL devices did have pings under 100ms :-)

One checkbox for all clients :-)

• 7.  RE: Alcatel 8118 VoIP Phones with high Latency

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 22, 2012 06:30 AM

What kind of encryption are you using on the AP and what are the devices are you using?

• 8.  RE: Alcatel 8118 VoIP Phones with high Latency

Posted Jun 22, 2012 06:31 AM

WPA2 PSK AES for the Voice-SSID and the Data-SSID

Open for Guest-SSID

• 9.  RE: Alcatel 8118 VoIP Phones with high Latency

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 22, 2012 06:56 AM

You might want to open a case with Aruba about that to get to the bottom of this.  Very interesting..

• 10.  RE: Alcatel 8118 VoIP Phones with high Latency

Posted Oct 02, 2013 09:20 AM

You might have alerady solved this issue - but we discovered the similar issue with AOS 6.2.1.1 and 6.3.0.1 and Alcatel IP Phones.

The phones would NOT connect unless 802.11k was enabled, and after we enabled that reponse where terrible, and unable to place.

eliminated until we discovered that QuietIE advertising might have been the caveat here. Disabled that and response was rapid fast, enabled that and delay was immediate

to disable

wlan  rrm-ie-profile <prfofile-name>

no quiet-ie

to enable

wlan  rrm-ie-profile <prfofile-name>

no quiet-ie

And remember to add the rrm profile to the 802.11k profile connected to VAP for the wireless

show wlan virtual-ap

show wlan dot11k-profile (as mentioned in output above)

• 11.  RE: Alcatel 8118 VoIP Phones with high Latency

Posted Aug 03, 2017 05:31 PM

hello,

Alcatel 8118Voip model

we have many offices using  Aruba AP-207 without problem with this Phone, but on case of 214 and 204 AP this phone only works with 802.11 a or a/n

we need to solve in order to use with b/g/n as we did with AP 207