Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Anchor configuration in Aruba similar to anchor configuration to Cisco

This thread has been viewed 45 times
  • 1.  Anchor configuration in Aruba similar to anchor configuration to Cisco

Posted Jan 15, 2013 12:48 AM

Hi Everyone,

we  have a requirement. controller will be in different region but the controller in HQ will be main controller (Anchor controller). The WLAN configured in the main controller will be shared to other controller. The user in the region will be connected to the other controller in the corresponding region. EoIP tunnel will be formed between the controller in HQ and the controller in the other region. So that the user traffic connected to WLAN will be sent to the HQ controller by the local controller through the EoIP tunnel. This is to extend the WLAN in HQ to the other region. 

This is similar to the Anchor mobility configuration in the Cisco. 

Do we have this feature in Aruba OS?

• 2.  RE: Anchor configuration in Aruba similar to anchor configuration to Cisco

Posted Jan 15, 2013 02:16 AM

You may check the Master-Local architecture design guides in the user guide or in the VRD's (www.arubanetworks.com/vrd) for detailed explanation how it works.

Basically you will have a master controller in the HQ where you configure the settings and it will automatically distributed to the local controllers via an IPSec tunnel.

By default the user traffic will be terminated on the local controllers it is not tunneled back to the master. If you want to tunnel back the traffic to the HQ in this deployment then I guess you should configure GRE tunnel between the local and the master.

• 3.  RE: Anchor configuration in Aruba similar to anchor configuration to Cisco

Posted Jan 23, 2013 09:22 AM

Thank you for the suggestion. Howeve please let us know whether the below operation will work in ipsec tunnel between master and local controller.

1. the guest user in the remote location (local controller) should be able to get the IP address from the DHCP configured on the Master controller?

2. If i assign the VLAN 100 to VAP for guest internet access in the HQ controller. How can i do it in remote location controller?

• 4.  RE: Anchor configuration in Aruba similar to anchor configuration to Cisco

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 23, 2013 09:39 AM

I would use the configuration here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/ArubaOS-and-Controllers/Using-GRE-Tunnels-to-centralize-L3-access/m-p/2831

If you are doing this from a local to a master, there is an ipsec tunnel in place and you can run a GRE tunnel through it, just like the example, bridging a single VLAN to another controller.