Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Android Problem - Same MAC with two different IP addresses

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Android Problem - Same MAC with two different IP addresses

Posted Feb 28, 2014 02:27 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I have encountered some kind of strange situation regarding to Android clients. I have observed that same android device gets two diffirent IP addresses (one from the dhcp, and other one is random IP address which is not distributed from customer's dhcp). Has any one experienced that kind of problem? I think it is related to android, not Aruba OS because I have experienced this problem at different OS versions (6.2 and 6.3) 

• 2.  RE: Android Problem - Same MAC with two different IP addresses

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 28, 2014 03:08 AM

Yes.  The wireless LAN card can "leak" ip addreses from the WAN interface of the phone.  You can fix this by enabling "Enforce DHCP" in your AAA profile so that the controller will only install ip addresses that are gained from DHCP into the user table.  Please let us know if this helps.

• 3.  RE: Android Problem - Same MAC with two different IP addresses

Posted Jul 26, 2016 01:44 PM

Hello guys... i'm running almost in the same issue here.

The difference I see is in my case, both ip address i'm seeing are valid. we have our scopes splitted in 2 dhcp servers... one physically local on each site and one remote across the wan.

80% of the duplicate ip address are from a valid dhcp server (either local or remote), rest of them are ip address outside our known IP range.

I tried the "enforce dhcp", but since both ip address came from a dhcp sever it dosen't look like did any difference. Any idea of what could cause this?

Thanks for your comments.

• 4.  RE: Android Problem - Same MAC with two different IP addresses

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 26, 2016 02:20 PM

Please open a TAC case and inform them about your topology so they can understand what could be happening.