Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Android devices not redirecting to captive portal page

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Android devices not redirecting to captive portal page

Posted Oct 25, 2015 05:21 AM

Hello,

We are using CP-Onboard for onboarding employee's with their laptop and mobile devices. Issue is, when a user connects with his android device he is not being redirected to captive portal page, however while using laptop he is being redirected and can onboard without any hiccups. OS is Win 7 for Laptop and Tested Android devices where having Android 4.4 or 5.

We have also tried Apple ipad, in which redirection is happening but however device is not getting onboarded after installing certificate, it will still be in provisioning role. Please help if you have some solution guide for IOS devices to onboard.

• 2.  RE: Android devices not redirecting to captive portal page

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 25, 2015 09:39 AM
    On the Android device, try to go to 1.1.1.1 in the browser.

On the iOS device, you have to toggle WiFi after the onboard process completes.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: Android devices not redirecting to captive portal page

Posted Oct 25, 2015 10:36 AM

thanks for your reply Tim...i have tried it....still it is not redirecting...

• 4.  RE: Android devices not redirecting to captive portal page
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 02, 2015 01:39 AM

As soon as I configured DNS on controller it started working..thanks to my colleague shahi...

• 5.  RE: Android devices not redirecting to captive portal page

MVP
    Posted Aug 06, 2018 02:40 PM

I'm having the same issue only with Android devices. Where on the controller do I configure DNS?

• 6.  RE: Android devices not redirecting to captive portal page

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 06, 2018 03:26 PM

@nkuhl30 wrote:

I'm having the same issue only with Android devices. Where on the controller do I configure DNS?

From the CLI:

ip name-server 12.34.56.78

From the WebUI:

Configuration->IP->IP Routes & DNS

• 7.  RE: Android devices not redirecting to captive portal page

MVP
    Posted Aug 06, 2018 03:46 PM
    Thanks. Our internal DNS servers are already listed there. It looks like we have a different issue.