Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Antenna Pattern plot request for AirMagnet Project

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Antenna Pattern plot request for AirMagnet Project

Posted Apr 21, 2016 03:09 AM
    Would you help to provide the hints about how to define the value of property of Custom pattern about (Ring Count, 0dB Ring#, dB Interval & 0 Ring db) under Air Magnet Solution and please help to share the patterns of AP103H, AP-205H and AP320 series for our planning usage. Thanks for your help & coordinate.

• 2.  RE: Antenna Pattern plot request for AirMagnet Project

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 21, 2016 10:06 AM

That's not something we (Aruba field SEs) would do for airmagnet, they would usually do that in-house and make a request to our corporate PLM for the data. If you have a PoC at AirMagnet you are working with, PM me with that contact info and I can work to get them the data that they would need.

• 3.  RE: Antenna Pattern plot request for AirMagnet Project

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 21, 2016 10:08 AM

I'm sure you saw but the actual patterns are on the data sheets.

• 4.  RE: Antenna Pattern plot request for AirMagnet Project

Posted Apr 21, 2016 11:40 PM

Let's discuss with our supplier, would you please help to share the advise about value define to match with software & diagram plots assignment for our service supporting.

Model requirement :- AP-103H, AP-205H and AP-3200 series

Ring Count          This value alters the number of concentric circles displayed in the field diagram. Count the number of rings in the product Antenna pattern diagram and enter the number here (include the outer-most ring)

0 dB Ring #          Using the product Antenna pattern diagram, count the number of rings from the center to the 0 dB ring and enter the value here.

dB Interval          Using the product Antenna diagram, determine the dB interval between each ring and enter the value here. For example, if there is a 5 dB interval between each ring, the value to enter here is 5.

0 Ring dB              Using the product Antenna diagram, if the graph reaches the peak gain at any point, enter 0. If the graph does not exceed zero, enter the Gain value.

• 5.  RE: Antenna Pattern plot request for AirMagnet Project

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 22, 2016 08:47 AM

Others can comment but these instructions don't make much sense to me either. As an example, to me just eyeballing, the 205H looks like, however, none of those values seem to be related to a planning tool building a proper antenna model. Additionally, is the software going to account for the H and V pol of the antennas? If not, which one are you going to use? The 103H and 205H are both rendered and designed to be desk or wall mounted, does the software account for that?

205H = 9, 8, 5dB, 0

• 6.  RE: Antenna Pattern plot request for AirMagnet Project

Posted Apr 29, 2016 08:04 AM

Dear Guys,

Below please find the contact info for your reference. Could you please help to share related info for our service support team to follow those antenna plots issue.

Thanks for your help & coordinate.

techsupport@netscout.com [ ref:_00DU0JJ3b._500U0TBBZw:ref ]

• 7.  RE: Antenna Pattern plot request for AirMagnet Project

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 29, 2016 10:53 AM

It would help if you could provide a direct PoC to NetScout, or a case number, as well as what the purpose of the information is for specifically (what tool this is for on their side, etc, unless the PoC will explain it to me). I'm not inclined to reach out to a generic tech support email without specifics. Once I have a PoC or a support ticket number on the NetScout side, I will reach out to them to find out what they need. Thanks