Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Antenna proximity to Fluorescent lighting

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Antenna proximity to Fluorescent lighting

Posted Aug 28, 2013 08:18 AM

Hello,

Has anyone seen any guidlines for antenna locations that are in close proximity to fluorescent lights?

I am under the impression that all APs are EMC tested according to their regulartory domain which should make the compatible with the envrionment, however is mounting antennas away from flourescent lights recommended? If so, how far away?

Thanks

k

• 2.  RE: Antenna proximity to Fluorescent lighting

Posted Aug 28, 2013 08:42 AM

It's always good not to deploy ant's near big AC / Electric power sources - because sometime's it may effect.

Fluorescent light = gas.... So I don't see how it should or need to effect rf.

• 3.  RE: Antenna proximity to Fluorescent lighting

Posted Aug 28, 2013 09:09 AM
    Fluorescent lights use electricity to illuminate the gas, often using a electric ballast which takes in 50/60Hz any puts out a much higher frequency into the light tube to illuminate it. I have heard anecdotes about broadband interference from these lights.

• 4.  RE: Antenna proximity to Fluorescent lighting

Posted Aug 28, 2013 09:52 AM

I have heard of people (haven't seen it first hand - just so you know) that have had interference with a wireless accesspoint  from industrial lighting ballast (not residential) - I would figure there is some shielding in the case on residential-rated lighting.

• 5.  RE: Antenna proximity to Fluorescent lighting

Posted Jan 10, 2020 02:22 PM

So what is the botome line?  What is the minimum distance an AP should be place from Fourescent Lights?