Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Any Limitation in Evaluation License?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Any Limitation in Evaluation License?

Posted May 27, 2016 07:42 AM

Hi Team,

I have setup with master and backup controller(7005 model) where i have installed Evaluation license for temporary purpose still i get the permanent license. I dont have any issues with primary controller as users are able to connect respective SSID's without any issues. Users are unable to connect when my primary fails and backup is up, though my AP's are up in secondary controller still users are not able to connect. 

configuration part seems good on both controllers, still not able to connect, please help me to resovle this issue.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Any Limitation in Evaluation License?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 27, 2016 07:49 AM

There are no limitations with the temporary license.  Your problem is probably with configuration.

Type "show profile-errors" on the backup controller to see what your problem could be.

• 3.  RE: Any Limitation in Evaluation License?

Posted May 27, 2016 08:09 AM

Thanks Joseph...

My AP's are currently connected in primary controller, i cannot see any errors in backup, i should execute this command when AP's are in backup controller? 

Regards

M Zameer

• 4.  RE: Any Limitation in Evaluation License?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 27, 2016 08:10 AM

Yes.  Also "show log system 50" on the backup after the failover.

• 5.  RE: Any Limitation in Evaluation License?

Posted May 28, 2016 12:32 PM

Hi Joseph,

I checked the same as advised by you... but users are not able to connect when secondary is primary and i cannot see any profile errors.. i can see the SSID but it doesnt connect, stucks in connecting state.. what could be the issue?

Thanks!

• 6.  RE: Any Limitation in Evaluation License?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 28, 2016 01:04 PM

When the backup controller is active with the APs terminated on it, do a 'show license'. Are you using centralized licensing between the master and backup? Also, are you 100% sure that all VLANs configured on the primary are also configured the exact same way on the backup?

• 7.  RE: Any Limitation in Evaluation License?

Posted May 28, 2016 01:22 PM

I have all the vlans configured correctly... It seem to be i found the issue,  when i checked the status with "show auth-tracebuf" i can see that primary controller is getting response from ACS server, wherein i dont get in secondary controller it shows station down ... will check with customer on this.. thanks for your support.. :)