Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Any tip to check the performance that seems like is low?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Any tip to check the performance that seems like is low?

Posted Oct 22, 2013 06:24 PM

Check the imageBadPerformance.PNG analize and comment please.

• 2.  RE: Any tip to check the performance that seems like is low?

Posted Oct 22, 2013 06:35 PM

- The amount of user with very low SNR values is very high , your goal should be to have most users with 25+ SNR values 

- There's a lot of legacy clients 802.11g non-HT clients (more overhead) since BSS needs to have the protection mechanism on to support the legacy devices plus those take more time to transmit vs HT Clients 

• 3.  RE: Any tip to check the performance that seems like is low?

Posted Oct 22, 2013 06:38 PM

A couple of things you could do :

- Turn band steering on

- Turn on drop broadcast/multicast ( if don't have any application that requires multicast)

- Turn on Air time fairness

- Remove lower data rates

What type of devices are these ?

• 4.  RE: Any tip to check the performance that seems like is low?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2013 07:44 PM

This is very tough without knowing your config...some things that will make a difference (or not) depending on what the issue is

1. ARM features - band steering, spectrum load balancing, fair access

2. If you can upgrade, do it for ClientMatch

3. DEFINITELY enable broadcast filter all on the VAP profile. Like the former comment mentioned - so long as there isn't a multicast video.  This CONVERTS broadcasts to unicast to the WLAN client.  Very useful to combat ARPs, DHCP, etc...from consuming precious throughput.

Screen Shot 2013-10-22 at 7.38.08 PM.png

4. Turn off the low data rates in the SSID profile

Screen Shot 2013-10-22 at 7.36.58 PM.png

4. Increase the local probe response threshold to 20 or 25 in SSID profile (advanced tab)

Screen Shot 2013-10-22 at 7.39.12 PM.png

5. Enable deny broadcast probe (see above)

6. Enable BC/MC rate optimization (in SSID profile advanced tab)

7. Enable fair access by creating a traffic shaping QoS profile.  Apply it to the AP Group

Screen Shot 2013-10-22 at 7.42.06 PM.png

• 5.  RE: Any tip to check the performance that seems like is low?

Posted Oct 23, 2013 05:04 AM

Hi,

Yes we have A LOT of legacy users :(

because a country code "bug" or something.... I can´t upgrade in this moment, i have the version 6.1.3.8.

I apreciate all the comments, i will check this with my boss to see if i can move that parameters.

Regards.

• 6.  RE: Any tip to check the performance that seems like is low?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 23, 2013 06:04 AM

@Homerodesepcionado wrote:

Hi,

because a country code "bug" or something.... I can´t upgrade in this moment, i have the version 6.1.3.8.

I apreciate all the comments, i will check this with my boss to see if i can move that parameters.

Regards.

Please make all of those changes with the help of support, so that you know the impact on your environment.  Support will let you know what changes you should make AND how you can measure the impact.  That will allow you to know if what you change is good or bad.

• 7.  RE: Any tip to check the performance that seems like is low?

Posted Oct 23, 2013 09:51 AM

@cjoseph wrote:

@Homerodesepcionado wrote:

Hi,

Regards.

Please make all of those changes with the help of support, so that you know the impact on your environment.  Support will let you know what changes you should make AND how you can measure the impact.  That will allow you to know if what you change is good or bad.

Is removing the lower data rates standard operating procedure? What are the ramifications of removing lower data rates? I've heard that some devices connect at the lower rates and ramp up to the higher rates and that they'll have trouble if you disable them.