Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Ap group and ssid issue

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Ap group and ssid issue

Posted Feb 25, 2012 05:41 PM
    I have. Ap group ,Smith with 2 ssid. And a colleague changed the group name. Next time into the 3400 controller I see the one ssid and not the other? I tried disabling the vap for the second ssid then re enabling, same for the ssid. No luck I a have suspicion it's because of the ap group name change but am not sure? Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Ap group and ssid issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 25, 2012 06:18 PM

If you change the AP group name, all of the APs that connect to that AP group will have the old name and will not broadcast.  Make sure that you have both Virtual APs in the ap-group that you want them in, and all of your APs are provisioned to that ap-group.

Make sure that you make all of your changes using configuration> wireless> AP installation> Edit AP-group, so that you can see your profiles logically.

• 3.  RE: Ap group and ssid issue

Posted Feb 25, 2012 07:43 PM
    Thanks I will try in the morning

• 4.  RE: Ap group and ssid issue

Posted Feb 26, 2012 09:37 AM
    • Still no luck....

• 5.  RE: Ap group and ssid issue

Posted Feb 26, 2012 10:04 AM

fixed thank you and support!

• 6.  RE: Ap group and ssid issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 26, 2012 10:05 AM

Great!  If the issue is closed, please mark it solved.

Thank you.

• 7.  RE: Ap group and ssid issue
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 26, 2012 09:48 AM

@Arubacuba wrote:
    I have. Ap group ,Smith with 2 ssid. And a colleague changed the group name. Next time into the 3400 controller I see the one ssid and not the other? I tried disabling the vap for the second ssid then re enabling, same for the ssid. No luck I a have suspicion it's because of the ap group name change but am not sure? Thanks.

type "show audit-trail" on the controller's commandline to find out what your colleage did, and work backwards from there.