Wireless Access

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AppRF Issues

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  AppRF Issues

Posted Feb 12, 2015 05:05 PM

I've recently gotten my hand on a 7010 controller w/ OS 6.4.2.4 and PEF licensing and trying out AppRF. So far the data seems promising however whenever I try and setup a global policy for blocking or throttling specific traffic (i.e. Facebook, Skype, etc) it seems clients can't connect to sites or applications however they stay connected to wireless and ICMP traffic seems fine. As soon as the policy is removed everything functions fine.

Anyone run into this issue or have any ideas before I open up a support case?

• 2.  RE: AppRF Issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2015 05:12 PM
    Can you run "show datapath session table <CLIENT-IP>" on a test client when it's happening and see if traffic is passing? Anything that is blocked will be indicated by a D flag. 

Also, do you have DPI enabled in the global firewall and do you have dns lookups enabled with dns servers defined? 

Thanks, 
    Tim</CLIENT-IP>

• 3.  RE: AppRF Issues

Posted Feb 12, 2015 05:53 PM
    Well this might have been an issue with 6.4.2.0 as further testing once I upgraded to 6.4.2.4 seems like it's working fine... weird. Anyways does anyone know if there is a way to QoS specific ports for applications that aren't on the lists? Our company uses a video service call Vidyo which is sorta like Skype but isn't on the list.

• 4.  RE: AppRF Issues

Posted Aug 17, 2017 10:41 AM

Cappalli, I also had this happen, and I have both  dpi  and dns lookup enabled. Just curious what you might have suggested.

Thanks,

Rick