Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Apple devices Authentication via Proxy

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Apple devices Authentication via Proxy

Posted Nov 23, 2011 05:44 AM

Hi Guys,

My Customer was experienced problem using their both Ipad and Iphone when doing authentication via proxy. They've defined the Proxy manually on their Apple devices and prompted username and password frequently. Even their credential info is valid but the username and password still pop up

Anyone of you ever hae experienced the same issue?

Is there a way from Aruba side that we can do to bypass HTTP Proxy Authentication for Apple devices?

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Sierra

• 2.  RE: Apple devices Authentication via Proxy

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 23, 2011 10:23 PM

What version of IOS do these devices use?

• 3.  RE: Apple devices Authentication via Proxy

Posted Nov 09, 2015 12:12 PM

I am having the same issue here in my environment. Has this issue been resolved? My IOS version is 9.1 (iPhone) and the proxy server we are using is Microsoft Threat Management Gateway. Our controller is a 3600 version 6.3.1.3 and using 802.1x authentication via Clearpass and AD lookup. I made sure in user roles that www,https, and port 8080 were open for ACL. Also when proxy pop up on iPhone is canceled after manual proxy information with credentials are entered access is still granted. This is really annoying for our users to have to constantly cancel the pop up to continue work.

• 4.  RE: Apple devices Authentication via Proxy

Posted Dec 20, 2015 07:35 AM

smart devices don't work well with proxies, this has been an issue forever i believe. your wireless network isn't going to help in that. perhaps a different type of proxy server, transparent one or UTM firewall like Fortinet / Palo Alto might be better.