Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.

Are there any specific bose airgroup services /tcp ports

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Are there any specific bose airgroup services /tcp ports

Posted Nov 15, 2019 04:30 AM

I try and nail down the tcp/udp ports and airgroup servcies required for devices on our  wpa2-psk network.

So far stuff is working fine for a wie range of devices. When I allow a new devcie type onto the network I tend to do a sh airgroup block-queries on our mobility master tp see if there are any airgroup services being blocked that stand out. 

This speaker supports airplay2 and alexa. so the device is being flagged as an airgroup device and has internet access.

I can cast to it using bluetooth  and alexa has external access, but the bose app on my iphone can't see the device. While it could be that the iphone is on a different ssid to the speaker ( this works file for other devices and my iphoeandroid device)  I'm just wondering if there are any bose specific airgroup services /ports that need opening up between the client and the speaker. 

Rgds

Alex