Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 175 and 136 deployment procedures

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba 175 and 136 deployment procedures

Posted Jul 27, 2012 03:40 AM

Hi ..

I have 6 WAPS 4X 135 WAPS and 2x175 WAPS.

1 of the 135s have an issue and both outdoors have issues described below:

I am attepmting to add it to a 3200 controller, which I have successfully configured with a group of 3 out of 4 135 WAPS

(WAP 1 175)

Im at  site where an outdoor WAP 175 has been mounted on the roof. I do not have physical access to it (to use the USB port)

We plugged in the POE brick to it and that light lights up, but I cannot see this on the network.

If I am not mistaken the default IP is 172.16.0.252 Is this correct?

Other than that I have no clue how to locate this or check the status of it and further properly deploy it. I am hoping I dont have to go climb out onthe roof and configure it using the CLI.

The only manual i can find on this is the hardware installation manual. Is there a deloyment procedure manual i can refer to? I was not the purchaser of this therefore have no tech support link. Im just drawing a blank. If there is a link to the proper documentation for the please point me in the right direction

(WAP 2 - 175 outdoor)

I have a second 175 that presently has a cable connection issue, so when that is resolved, I can use the USB port to this device, again, a CLI manual would really be helpful. Is the USB cable a generic one or dis there a special deployment cable?

(WAP 3 - 135)

This wap, along with the other 3 waps were functioning properly in instant mode. When I did the conversion procedure on all 4 of them, only 3 made it to connect to the controller. This last one just died. the Power light continuously blinked.

I performed a Reset on it, it boots. the PWR and the radio lights light light,but no ETHENET0 light. Again i do not have th procedure to deploy this so i am stuck here. I cannot find this on any network, of course with no ethernet light being on, I wont. the Ethenet jack in the wall is OK and has POE.

any halp here would be.. well helpful.

Thanks bunches, i know these are some basic questions, but I was asked at last minute to tackle this, so here I am. And thanks for having this forum. Regards.

• 2.  RE: Aruba 175 and 136 deployment procedures

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 27, 2012 10:07 AM

@ITAVA wrote:

Hi ..

I have 6 WAPS 4X 135 WAPS and 2x175 WAPS.

1 of the 135s have an issue and both outdoors have issues described below:

I am attepmting to add it to a 3200 controller, which I have successfully configured with a group of 3 out of 4 135 WAPS

(WAP 1 175)

Im at  site where an outdoor WAP 175 has been mounted on the roof. I do not have physical access to it (to use the USB port)

We plugged in the POE brick to it and that light lights up, but I cannot see this on the network.

If I am not mistaken the default IP is 172.16.0.252 Is this correct?

Other than that I have no clue how to locate this or check the status of it and further properly deploy it. I am hoping I dont have to go climb out onthe roof and configure it using the CLI.

The only manual i can find on this is the hardware installation manual. Is there a deloyment procedure manual i can refer to? I was not the purchaser of this therefore have no tech support link. Im just drawing a blank. If there is a link to the proper documentation for the please point me in the right direction

(WAP 2 - 175 outdoor)

I have a second 175 that presently has a cable connection issue, so when that is resolved, I can use the USB port to this device, again, a CLI manual would really be helpful. Is the USB cable a generic one or dis there a special deployment cable?

(WAP 3 - 135)

This wap, along with the other 3 waps were functioning properly in instant mode. When I did the conversion procedure on all 4 of them, only 3 made it to connect to the controller. This last one just died. the Power light continuously blinked.

I performed a Reset on it, it boots. the PWR and the radio lights light light,but no ETHENET0 light. Again i do not have th procedure to deploy this so i am stuck here. I cannot find this on any network, of course with no ethernet light being on, I wont. the Ethenet jack in the wall is OK and has POE.

any halp here would be.. well helpful.

Thanks bunches, i know these are some basic questions, but I was asked at last minute to tackle this, so here I am. And thanks for having this forum. Regards.

You seem to have a number of issues, so let's go through them one by one:

- The 4th AP135, that will not come up, When you reset the AP135, connect a console cable to it, so wee what is happening.

- The WAP175 should operate just like a Campus access point and automatically get an address via DHCP.  It should also find the controller if it is on the same layer2 Vlan as the WAP175.  If it is not on the same layer2 vlan as the controller, you will need to configure a DNS a-record (aruba-master) on your DNS server that points to your controller.

• 3.  RE: Aruba 175 and 136 deployment procedures

Posted Jul 27, 2012 01:56 PM

Thank you for the reply, My answes are interlaced.

Cjoseph

"You seem to have a number of issues, so let's go through them one by one:

- The 4th AP135, that will not come up, When you reset the AP135, connect a console cable to it, so wee what is happening.

ITAVA - Is ther a CLI document that has all the commands? Or is it the same as the Aryuba OS6.1 CLI document? I am unaware how to find the OS version in the 135, for the rest are attached to the Controler and I cannot see that info  from the crontroller.

- The WAP175 should operate just like a Campus access point and automatically get an address via DHCP.  It should also find the controller if it is on the same layer2 Vlan as the WAP175.  If it is not on the same layer2 vlan as the controller, you will need to configure a DNS a-record (aruba-master) on your DNS server that points to your controller.

ITAVA  -WAP174 - Thanks, it is in the same L2, however it is not coming up on the network. My only indicators are pinging it, and trying the WEB UI, I do not have access to the roof to check the LEDs or access via USB cable.

• 4.  RE: Aruba 175 and 136 deployment procedures

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 27, 2012 02:25 PM

Connect the console and paste the output here, first, so we can determine what is happening.

The 175 is not accessible via a GUI.  You would need the usb console cable to view and to reset it.

• 5.  RE: Aruba 175 and 136 deployment procedures

Posted Jul 27, 2012 02:40 PM

Will do,

I dont have a command line interface manual on the 135 and 175.

Is there one? I do not know the commands to give it to get the info you are asking for.

I now have access to the 175 on the roof also. The LEDsare as follows:

P/s On (via POE)

ENT - Blinking

R0- off

R1 - off

I will attempt to connect to the USB connector and see what it tells me.

• 6.  RE: Aruba 175 and 136 deployment procedures

Posted Jul 27, 2012 04:06 PM

I found one thing.

WAP 135 issue is a POE strenth issue. I took it and plugged it directly to the Aruba POE switch. It boots W ethernet0 lit.

It dies not add to the WIFI network though ( I cannot see it in th econtroler)

I totally reset it to factory default.

I tried taking a Console read but cannot log in. Is there a default password on this I dont know?

Sorry but have no documentation on that part.

thanks

• 7.  RE: Aruba 175 and 136 deployment procedures

Posted Jul 27, 2012 04:16 PM

There is no password on the AP135 console port that you require.

Just a console cable (the same one that plugs into the controller) and a terminal program.

If you don't get any output to the terminal, i would suspect your serial cable/serial terminal settings need some work.

• 8.  RE: Aruba 175 and 136 deployment procedures
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 27, 2012 07:10 PM

You were correct BOTH these issues were resolved. It turned out anothe tech was at the patch panel and only seated the cable in part way, causing an improper POE connection, thus no power up.

The second issue the WAP175 had a miswired cable going to the Outdoor WAP.

One end was 568-A the other side was terminated 568-B

This allowed the Power LED to light, but no ethernet. Terminating it correctly bot sides resolved the issue and.

Thank you again for your assistance. Its much appreciated.

• 9.  RE: Aruba 175 and 136 deployment procedures

Posted Jul 27, 2012 07:13 PM

GLad you got it resolved.

"Layer 1" issues are always a lot of fun... second only to "Layer 8" (Management, Politics, Religion...) issues ;)

Have a great weekend.