Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Re: Aruba 225 LED Status

I found the issue was that the POE Injector was not strong enough to fully power the AP. Replacing my Injectors fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

New Contributor

Ah, I figured it out.  I had to enable LLDP in order to negotiate and power greater than 15.4 watts.  As soon as I enabled LLDP on the switch, they powered all the way up.  CDP is supposed to do the same, but for some reason it didn't work.  I didn't look into that much.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

Any update?

Seems like we have some issues with extreme brand switches...

and by the way something about 2 eth ports connected using LACP. I wondering if some other protocols/profiles/nodefault config affects this behavior about APs.

I got just a few APs in flag "2s" (2 = Using IKE version 2, s = LACP striping) that i testing on the Configuration > AP Specific > Edit "APsWith2EthernetUplinkTest"
In "AP system profile" LMS IP (configured)

Regards..

Highlighted
New Contributor

Enabling LLDP on the switches worked and has been running these for 6 months.  I never went back to try to get CDP working instead, just because LLDP didn't really bother me.  I can't remember where I read that LLDP or CDP was required to go above 15.4 watts, but it was Aruba documentation.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Might want to try this with Extreme Switches....

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/PoE-Aruba-AP-IAP-275-negotiation

Seen alot of flaky POE negotiation with the newer code(6.4.4.X) and AP32X/AP27X/AP22X gear....Only way I got the AP275s to come up fully was to goto this GA-code.

Just some input.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

Guru Guys,

Tell us how to tune up the switches side about all this details please, a good thing could be do it in 2 divisions:

1.-General concept (seems like al ready we had comment about it...), how to be sure (commands) about where is the problem (switch side or controler/ap aruba side)... few commands or console debug or packet captures... something to check keywords?.

2.-Paste example config of Aruba side and few switches side (Cisco, Extreme, Avaya, etc..).

btw: We use "best practices"... meanning: We check the release notes of new pre-releases and GA releases, we only just use GA in production as TAC recommend us and we work with workarounds on issues too...

Best regards.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Hi, I am confused with the way 3 x AP225 LEDs are flashing.  My engineer assures me that they are not connected or showing on the WLC but their lights are as follows:

Green power light - solid

Data light - amber fast flashing

2.4 & 5 radio flashing green

According to the LED table, that means they are in AirMon mode but my support team cant see them from the WLC.

Any ideas?

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Do you have different controller?  They might be connected to that one...

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

What does a console connection show you?
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Sorry. They are not accessible

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: