Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 277 AP Constantly Rebootstrapping

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Aruba 277 AP Constantly Rebootstrapping

Posted Jan 30, 2019 11:28 AM

I have mutliple Aruba 277s running firmware 6.4.4 that are rebootstrapping multiple times in a day. I understand that APs rebootstrap when they lose communication with the controller due to missed heartbeats. But I;m not sure what is the casue for this issue.

Two things that I noticed that are strange is that when running show log all there is a lot of interring devices being detected. However, I have some APs with even more interference than the problem APs, but they don't rebootstrap as often. The other thing was the APs that go down often are autonegoiating to 100/half even though they're on gigethernet ports and the downstream swtich is set to auto. I tested the cables and they are all fine. Any ideas for what could be causing this issue?

• 2.  RE: Aruba 277 AP Constantly Rebootstrapping

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 30, 2019 11:36 AM

Do you have any packet loss between the controller and the APs in question? If enough packet loss occurs, enough heartbeats are missing the APs will rebootstrap. Do your switch logs given an indication why these are auto-neg to 100/half?

• 3.  RE: Aruba 277 AP Constantly Rebootstrapping

Posted Jan 30, 2019 12:18 PM

The switch doesn't show any duplex mismatch messaging or anything like that. I'm not sure how to see if there is any dropped packets between the AP and the controller.

• 4.  RE: Aruba 277 AP Constantly Rebootstrapping

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 30, 2019 12:26 PM
    Jump on the controller and run a ping as below and see if there is any
    loss. The IP would be of the access point.

#ping 192.168.1.1 count 100

You can also review the logs on the controller to see if there is any other
    errors:

show log all | include [AP IP]