Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 315 access point number of clients

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Aruba 315 access point number of clients

Posted May 23, 2017 08:34 AM

Dears 

i want to ask about the maximumme number of concurrent clients supported by AP-315 associated with a controller.

• 2.  RE: Aruba 315 access point number of clients

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 23, 2017 08:50 AM

By default it will not let more than 99 users on.  In reality, you do not want more than 30 to 40 users on that access point, because the bandwidth is divided by how many users associate.

• 3.  RE: Aruba 315 access point number of clients

Posted May 24, 2017 03:36 AM

Thanks Colin

for your support but how i cann handle a lecture room with around 95 students, actually am working on a scenario where i have 4 lecture rooms with 45,90,90,45 students consequently .. please see the Pic attached

thanks again 

JU.JPG

• 4.  RE: Aruba 315 access point number of clients

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 24, 2017 06:41 AM

For ideas on how to handle, please see our High Density Wireless Networks for Auditoriums here;  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/High-Density-Wireless-Networks-for-Auditoriums/ta-p/155578

In short, how many access points you put in an area strictly depends on the applications that users are using.  Only light web traffic has a different requirement than heavy internet use for a room of newspaper reports and photographers, for example.