Wireless Access

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 3600 controller - Proxy port config question.

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba 3600 controller - Proxy port config question.

Posted Oct 29, 2013 10:04 AM

Hi 

I have an Aruba 3600 controller running 6.2.1.2.

I have a public access WLAN setup.  Once connected the user needs to add the ip of my proxy on port 805 in the proxy settings before they are redirected to the Web Portal page.  This all works fine.

I have a new SSID setup and I can connect to it no problem, but again only if I use the proxy ettings above.  I would like to use port 4000 instead of port 805, does anyone know where I can set this on the Aruba?

• 2.  RE: Aruba 3600 controller - Proxy port config question.
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 29, 2013 11:36 AM

You need to create a firewall policy that allows your guests to connect to the IP address of your proxy (destination) on port 4000 (service).  You can do this by going to Configuration > Access Control > Policies.  Once added, go to Configuration > Access Control > User Roles.  Click on the role your guests have and add the new firewall policy.  Alternatively, you can just modify the existing firewall policy that allows port 805.

• 3.  RE: Aruba 3600 controller - Proxy port config question.

Posted Oct 29, 2013 11:45 AM

many thanks, I wasn't far off, I didn't spot that it only displays 10 policies at a time and I had 4 pages to work through.

cheers.