Wireless Access

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Aruba 500 Series Access Point Brackets

One of our customers is upgrading their network from AP-225's to AP-515's. The new 500 series AP's use new brackets which is slightly annoying, but what is worse is that the holes of the new solid surface brackets do not line up with the old brackets so every AP needs new holes to be drilled. 

Aruba - Please can you ask your product management team to create a bracket with holes that align with the AP-220-MNT-W1?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Aruba

Re: Aruba 500 Series Access Point Brackets

No, they do not. You'll need type E.

/Onno

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
MVP Guru

It might not help your situation right now, but for future reference you can always review the mounting bracket Template Guides to give you an idea of the hole alignment.

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=31544

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Hello Craig,

Yes, I looked at the alignment guides that's how I found out that the hold don't line up. I thought that the holes in the AP-MNT-E may have lined up with the holes of the AP-220-MNT-W1 but they don't. 

Highlighted
Aruba

Actually they do. The original hole pattern was made to match that of the W2 and W3 mount brackets/boxes, but we later added holes to match the W1 ones as well. You may be looking at an old version of the template and/or we may not have updated it..

The bracket update was completed about a year ago, so current shipping units should have the additional holes.

onno_0-1594837775788.png

/Onno
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Thanks Onno,

The template guide I used was this one here 

https://support.arubanetworks.com/DesktopModules/Bring2mind/DMX/Download.aspx?TabId=77&DMXModule=512&Command=Core_Download&EntryId=36140&PortalId=0

I downloaded the templates, imported it into AutoCAD and scaled it realised that holes didn’t match but if there are more holes now then all is well! 

Highlighted
Aruba

Yeah, I just confirmed that we did not update the template. It will be taken care of soon, since we're actually adding even more holes just now..

/Onno
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Onno, what about the D mounts do these have new holes too? 

Highlighted
Aruba

No, they do not. You'll need type E.

/Onno

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Aruba

Attaching the updated template

/Onno
Highlighted