Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 620 Controller Reset Enable

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba 620 Controller Reset Enable

Posted Jan 22, 2018 01:02 PM

Hello,

I have a fully configured aruba 620 controlling running in a remote office. It was here prior to me and I dont know the enable password. The configure works but I want to change the enable password. How can I achive this? I noticed in the config wizard i could change it there but i was worried it would re-configure the whiole device and i dont want to do that. Any help would be great.

asdfsdf.png

• 2.  RE: Aruba 620 Controller Reset Enable
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 23, 2018 03:07 AM

Changing the enable password from the WebUI will not reset the configuration. As always, it is a good idea to create a backup of the configuration (under Maintenance, Copy Logs; and/or Backup flash).

If you gained access again, and have access to the CLI, you can configure 'enable bypass' to skip the enable prompt for future logins and get into full access mode immediately after login.

If you have access to the physical serial console, you can use the password recovery (login as password/forgetme!) to reset the admin and enable password. That looks even more controlled than running the wizard again; but both methods should work.