Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 620 Mobility Controller Deployment

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba 620 Mobility Controller Deployment

Posted Apr 12, 2012 10:49 AM

I have a customer that currently has 2  IAP-105 Access Points running in a mesh configuration ;   1  AP is the virutal controller connected to the LAN and the 2nd unit is within range of the first and provides extended reach for devices that cannot be reached by the primary unit.

The customers needs have changed and they would like to re-locate the 2nd AP in a location where it cannot maintain the mesh, so it will need to be connected to the LAN.

They would like to retain the same SSID for both areas, so I'm just wanting to verify a solution is correct.

If I purchase a  620 Mobility controller with  2 AP licenses and convert the IAP-105 to  AP-105 (so they can be managed by the 620) then I can solve the issue correct ?

The 620 will take over as the controller, managing both APs, allowing both APs to have the same SSID and be wired, and provide the same wireless access, correct ?

• 2.  RE: Aruba 620 Mobility Controller Deployment
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 12, 2012 10:54 AM

correct.

• 3.  RE: Aruba 620 Mobility Controller Deployment

Posted Apr 12, 2012 04:24 PM

You can also use IAP with multiple LAN connect APs.. correct me if im wrong.

This would save you the purchase of a controller. Ofcourse a controller has more features.