Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 620 / PoE , Power over Ethernet not working , License shows DISABLED

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Aruba 620 / PoE , Power over Ethernet not working , License shows DISABLED

Posted Jan 23, 2012 09:49 AM

im not sure whats wrong here, MC 620 running 6.1.2.5  worked for me last week nice, AP105 worked properly to bootup via port0-3 on PoE .

now after factory-defaulting , some customer reports that under LICENSING it says PoE disabled. Also under ports there's no option to make a setting on "enable PoE 802.11af..."  normally this works by default without any problems.

anyone experienced similar things ?

regards

• 2.  RE: Aruba 620 / PoE , Power over Ethernet not working , License shows DISABLED

Posted Jan 23, 2012 10:02 AM

When you "factory defaulted", did you use "write erase all" or just "write erase"?  The "write erase all" command erases the licenses.  There is a license on all 6xx series controllers that enables PoE.  If you deleted this, you will need to call support and get it re-enabled (or import the previous licenses that you backed up before you erased them).

• 3.  RE: Aruba 620 / PoE , Power over Ethernet not working , License shows DISABLED

Posted Jan 23, 2012 10:04 AM

that should be the reason.. what a pity for sure i did "write erase all" . i had in mind that PoE is now default activated in the baseOS cause once it had to be licensed..

that's annoying ;-)

thanks!

benjamin