Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 620 Radius Authentication Issue

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba 620 Radius Authentication Issue

Posted Mar 19, 2012 07:43 AM

Hi,

We are setting up an Aruba 620 Controller in our client London office, and we are experiencing an issue with Radius Authentication.

The user is not being prompted for credentials properly, and is receiving the error message:

'No login Server" could be found to authenticate the login.

I'm not sure why this is not working, we copied the config from the existing 3200 controller, and when I tested the Radius Authentication

on the 620 controller itself, the authentication is successful. I worked with Aruba support as well, and they indicated that the configuration on the controller is okay. Controller is running software image version 6.1.1.0

Can you please advise on a resolution for this issue, Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Aruba 620 Radius Authentication Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 19, 2012 07:49 AM
    If the AAA test worked fine, I would look at the AAA dot1x profile that you are using on the SSID. Make sure it is using the correct server group, etc.

• 3.  RE: Aruba 620 Radius Authentication Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 19, 2012 08:09 AM

@mjobay wrote:

Hi,

We are setting up an Aruba 620 Controller in our client London office, and we are experiencing an issue with Radius Authentication.

The user is not being prompted for credentials properly, and is receiving the error message:

'No login Server" could be found to authenticate the login.

I'm not sure why this is not working, we copied the config from the existing 3200 controller, and when I tested the Radius Authentication

on the 620 controller itself, the authentication is successful. I worked with Aruba support as well, and they indicated that the configuration on the controller is okay. Controller is running software image version 6.1.1.0

Can you please advise on a resolution for this issue, Thanks.

on the commandline f the controller, type "show auth-tracebuf mac <mac address of client>" to zero in on what is going on...

• 4.  RE: Aruba 620 Radius Authentication Issue

Posted Mar 19, 2012 03:18 PM

Is EAP termination enabled on the controller? There is a known issue in the 6.1.1.0 Release Notes regarding EAP termination not working on Aruba 620 controller.