Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 650 controller dst-nat and proxy arp.

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba 650 controller dst-nat and proxy arp.

Posted Oct 21, 2013 04:45 AM

I've created an ACL to my internet facing VLAN and configured a DST-NAT rule to allow RDP to an inside host.

This is working just fine when I use  "localip" as destination, but I would like to use another IP on the WAN-subnet for this kind of traffic. But I can't get the WLC to respond to the traffic. I believe this is an issue with proxy ARP.

ip access-list session ACL_WAN

any   alias localip tcp 3389  dst-nat ip 10.103.10.23 3389 log 

• 2.  RE: Aruba 650 controller dst-nat and proxy arp.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2013 05:47 AM

@borgermeister wrote:

I've created an ACL to my internet facing VLAN and configured a DST-NAT rule to allow RDP to an inside host.

This is working just fine when I use  "localip" as destination, but I would like to use another IP on the WAN-subnet for this kind of traffic. But I can't get the WLC to respond to the traffic. I believe this is an issue with proxy ARP.

ip access-list session ACL_WAN

any   alias localip tcp 3389  dst-nat ip 10.103.10.23 3389 log 

AFAIK, you can only do this for an ip address that exists on the controller.

• 3.  RE: Aruba 650 controller dst-nat and proxy arp.

Posted Oct 21, 2013 07:37 AM

Just what I was worried about...

Do you have a tip for a work around or something?

• 4.  RE: Aruba 650 controller dst-nat and proxy arp.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2013 07:51 AM

@borgermeister wrote:

Just what I was worried about...

Do you have a tip for a work around or something?

I do not have a workaround, but you can enter this as a suggestion on the Ideas Portal here:  https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/cp/ideas/ideaList.apexp