Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 7005 w/2 connected AP115's (slow performance)

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba 7005 w/2 connected AP115's (slow performance)

Posted Dec 22, 2016 06:51 PM

I have an Aruba 7005 connected to Cable Internet service from Cox business (10x2).  I have two 115 AP's connected to this controller.   Users complain of intermittent slow performance.  I have gone to the site at times to perform speed testing and have seen the slow performance.  Recently a colleague put a Linksys device off of the cable internet service to test and seemed to get good results; whenver he connected the Aruba 7005 back, performance was notably slower.  While I would like to believe that ARM is doing exactly what it needs to do, it has been suggested to me to try locking the AP onto a single channel; is that a possibility?  Any other suggestions?  How can I best isolate the cause of poor performance when it is intermittent?

Thanks,

Richard Pidcock

• 2.  RE: Aruba 7005 w/2 connected AP115's (slow performance)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 22, 2016 10:16 PM

Do you have "Drop Broadcast and Multicast" enabled on all of your Virtual APS?

• 3.  RE: Aruba 7005 w/2 connected AP115's (slow performance)

Posted Dec 23, 2016 10:44 AM

I do not have that option configured.  I can set it and I will let you know how that works out.

Richard