Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 7240 - Initial Setup

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Aruba 7240 - Initial Setup

Posted Feb 11, 2014 02:47 PM

When going through the setup dialog on a 7240, which mac-address do we enter when asked to "Enter Master switch MAC address"? Interface? System HW?  VRRP mac?

We have a master and a backup master so I was curious as to how hard coding the master's mac-address would work. I am currently pointing all locals to the VRRP address.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 2.  RE: Aruba 7240 - Initial Setup
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 11, 2014 04:53 PM

In a Master-Local and/or Master-Redundant-Master setup the controller will communicate which eachother using IPSec tunnels. These IPSec tunnels can be established either through PSK's or factory certificates; these certs are issued based on the MAC address of the controller.

In most cases I will use strong PSK's, but you can go either way...

I have never used the setup dialog to setup clustering, I ussually bring up each controller as a master and take it from there. The setup dialog will not account for things like LACP for example.

Also check out the Aruba Mobility Controller VRD: http://www.arubanetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/MControllerVRDV9.pdf

• 3.  RE: Aruba 7240 - Initial Setup

Posted Feb 13, 2014 06:22 PM

Thank you for the information.