Wireless Access

New Contributor

Aruba 7240XM Memory?

Hey, this is probably not something that commonly comes up here, but does anyone know what the specs are for the RAM in the 7240XM? 

I just attempted to put a spare 7240XM into use and got an error on bootup. Accessed the CLI and it halts at DDR3 Initialization failed (empty). Opened the cover, and what do you know... all the RAM slots were actually empty. Guess someone needed a RAM upgrade at home!

I'm pretty sure the 7240XM is supposed to have 16GB (it doubled the 7240's 8GB afaik). The latches on all 4 slots were open, so I assume they were all populated. I put two 4GB ECC unbuffered DIMMs in there and it does boot up and function normally. I would however like to know what exactly it was fitted with from the factory. If anyone has one of these laying around and could pop the cover on it and take a pic, that would be great. 

Frequent Contributor I

Re: Aruba 7240XM Memory?

Per the 7200 data sheet:

Aruba 7240XM (US) FIPS/TAA 16GB DRAM 4p 10GBase-X (SFP+) 2p Dual Pers (10/100/1000BASE-T or SFP) Controller

https://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/ds/DS_7200Series.pdf

Tim Haynie, ACMX #508, CWNE #254, ACCP, CCNP R/S, CCNP Wireless, CCNA Security, CCDA
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: