Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 800 and 650 not powering the AP.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba 800 and 650 not powering the AP.

Posted Apr 11, 2013 10:19 AM

Hello everyone! I've recently got a case at work where they described the problem like this:

They have 2 aruba controllers, one 800 and one 650, and they are using AP 65.

When they connect the cable to the aruba 800 and then to the AP it works fine, but when they connect it to the 650 controller it doesn't power on the AP and doesn't work. This might be a little vague but I don't know.

My question is, is there a solution to this problem that can be done WITHOUT buying a new cable? (The company is on a strict budget and cannot afford a new cable)

A fast response would be greatly appreciated!

• 2.  RE: Aruba 800 and 650 not powering the AP.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 11, 2013 10:42 AM

Not all ports on the 650 provide POE... only the first 4....

http://support.arubanetworks.com/DOCUMENTATION/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=3312

Please also make sure you have the POE license installed.

• 3.  RE: Aruba 800 and 650 not powering the AP.

Posted Apr 11, 2013 10:46 AM

The licenses are installed and we have the licenses too. Basically what i'm after is how the different controllers send PoE over the cables. If there is any link for that. Because I can't find anything.

• 4.  RE: Aruba 800 and 650 not powering the AP.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 11, 2013 10:47 AM

Well, if it is a standard 4-pair ethernet cable, it should work.  If it is anything else, it probably will not work.