Wireless Access

This community is currently in a read-only state due to a maintenance window. For more info click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Aruba 93s With Mobility Controller Connectivity Issues

Hey guys I made sure that band steering was disabled and I couldnt find the settings for drop broadcast and multicast, anyone know where they are? Thank you.

Highlighted

Here you go  look at the left side broadcast multicast,  you should enable broadcast filtering on this example its disable

Also dont worry about the ARP and DHCP as all the IAP drops all broadcast and multicast frames except

for DHCP and ARP

drop.png

----------------------------------------------------
Project engineer
Highlighted
Guru Elite

@NightShade1 wrote:

Here you go  look at the left side broadcast multicast,  you should enable broadcast filtering on this example its disable

Also dont worry about the ARP and DHCP as all the IAP drops all broadcast and multicast frames except

for DHCP and ARP

drop.png

Nightshade1 that is for IAP.  This is a controller-based deployment.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted

heh... i don tknow why i though it was an instant.. ill upload the correct one... in a min with the controller thanks for telling

Project engineer
Highlighted

Okay here is the contorller based one...

you go to configuration-->ap group --->click edit on the ap group in which the aps are on --->profile --> wireless lan ---> Virtual APS

Here is a picture...

Now remeber you need to do it in all virtual APS you got... at least in my lab controller i got 4 virtual APs... so i put it to all of them... But well i dont need any multicast in my enviroment.  Also check Convert Broadcast ARP requests to unicast

Also you will get a warning of Warning: broadcast-filter arp should be enabled with this option. Otherwise ARP requests will be dropped!  So enable that before enabling this... you will see that option on advanced services on stateful firewall(which is on the left menu)

broadcastcontrollerbased.png

Project engineer
Highlighted

Thanks for the info and the screenshots they helped alot, we are tinkering now, I will get back to you guys for results thank you!

Highlighted

Hello guys I figured I would post back with an update, Arubas are running very solid, and now switching seamlessly between the 105s and the 93s. The issue was not with aruba at all it was because we had a stray ap that we forgot to replace. The old ap had a different type of encryption then what we have set up on the arubas and for some reason clients were prefering to go to our old ap instead of the new aruba. Anyways we removed the old ap and replaced it with an aruba 93 and everything is working very well and running very smooth. Thank you all for the help but this ended up being on our end! Thank you!

View solution in original post