Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba AP-125 - setup.

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba AP-125 - setup.

Posted Jun 19, 2014 06:26 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm new here. I've got 4 Aruba AP-125, but I don't have a controller. Is there a way to run them without controller as a regular APs? If not, can you advise which (prefarably used and cheap one) controller should I buy? I don't wanna throw APs away or waste much money for the controller. I just thought that I can run and PoE them in simple home network to cover by WiFi range whole big house.

Thanks!
    Jan

• 2.  RE: Aruba AP-125 - setup.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 19, 2014 06:33 PM

You definitely need a controller with those access points...

• 3.  RE: Aruba AP-125 - setup.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 19, 2014 06:44 PM

Check ebay for "Aruba Controller" And 800 would work with the 125s but not run newer codes. Cheapest option.  IT would be all you need for a home lab unless you are trying to learn some of the newer features.

• 4.  RE: Aruba AP-125 - setup.

• 5.  RE: Aruba AP-125 - setup.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 19, 2014 09:10 PM

The 6x0 series is nice because it's fairly small and quiet.

• 6.  RE: Aruba AP-125 - setup.

Posted Jun 20, 2014 02:11 AM
    I would definitely keep an eye out for 6x0 controllers as people will be starting the move to the 7010 controllers now that they've been released.

• 7.  RE: Aruba AP-125 - setup.

Posted Jun 05, 2015 02:28 PM

Newbie here as well.  I'm the new owner of an AP-125... and am now going to get a controller.  Dumb question - does that AP need to hang directly off the controller?  Or, can a switch or two sit between the AP and the controller?  

I have a PoE injector that is supposed to be compatible, that of course I'll wire directly to the AP.  My thinking is that if I get a big and/or noisy controller - I'd love to be able to put that in the basement where I'm less concerned about space constraints and/or noise.

thx!

• 8.  RE: Aruba AP-125 - setup.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 05, 2015 02:30 PM
    It can be connected with a switch, yes.