Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Aruba AP-275

Posted Mar 05, 2018 11:50 AM
      |   view attached

Hello,

I`ve searched the site and can not find the IP address. Can someone please let me know what is the default  IP address and password for the Aruba AP-275, I`m attempting to configure the unit via web UI as a STAND Alone UNIT any help is appreciated, if theres any additonal information that i may need to configure the unit as stand alone please send that as well.

Kirk

• 2.  RE: Aruba AP-275

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 05, 2018 12:11 PM

If this is an AP-275 you will need to configure it from a controller. If this is an IAP-275 it will obtain an DHCP IP address from the local LAN it is plugged into. Once the IAP-275 has obtain an IP address you will see the Instant/SetMeUP SSID. The default IAP-275 username and password is "admin"

These videos will walk you through setting up an IAP.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/products/networking/aruba-instant/instant-training/

• 3.  RE: Aruba AP-275

Posted Mar 05, 2018 12:31 PM
      |   view attached

Thanks for your reply,

WOW, what are my options? a phyical controller if so can I use the aruba 650 branch office controller? or is there anyway such as a virtual controller for setting up the AP?

Kirk

• 4.  RE: Aruba AP-275

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 05, 2018 12:36 PM

Yep, if this is an AP-275 you can use a physical controller. The 650 will be able to terminate the AP-275 but will only support up to ArubaOS 6.4.x (in case you need to upgrade in the future...). So maybe a 7005 controller would be a safe bet.

If you wish to configure the 275 series as a standalone AP, then you would need to purchase the IAP-275 model. There is no way to convert the AP-275 into an IAP-275 version.

• 5.  RE: Aruba AP-275

Posted Mar 05, 2018 12:55 PM

Thanks for all your help. I Believe its a better option to use the IAP-275 version, I was under the impression I could use the AP-275 as stand alone when I bought the unit.

Kirk

• 6.  RE: Aruba AP-275

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 05, 2018 12:58 PM
    Yeah go with the IAP version. Easier to deploy, no licenses and can be managed via a controller if needed at a later date!

Sent from my iPhone

• 7.  RE: Aruba AP-275

Posted Mar 24, 2018 04:05 PM

Hello,

I received the new IAP-275 its going to be local setup on my mac mini, ive watched the videos on how to setup the unit, how ever i`m having a dificult time setting this AP up i have a solid RED light also im not able to see the SSID that i can connect to configure the unit. pleae help.

Kirk

• 8.  RE: Aruba AP-275
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 24, 2018 05:18 PM

How are you powering the AP-275?

• 9.  RE: Aruba AP-275

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 24, 2018 05:19 PM
    Which LED is solid red?

Sent from my iPhone

• 10.  RE: Aruba AP-275

Posted Mar 24, 2018 06:12 PM

I`m powering the IAP-275 poe, its new out the box, I`m not seeing the setup  SSID to locally configure the unit as stand alone.

Kirk

• 11.  RE: Aruba AP-275

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 24, 2018 06:23 PM
    Is the IAP successfully obtaining an DHCP IP address?

Sent from my iPhone

• 12.  RE: Aruba AP-275

Posted Mar 24, 2018 06:38 PM

I dont believe so sir the unit is being configured on my mac mini at home not on campany network. what im seeking is getting to the webui to configure it, is it possble to get the ip adress of the unit, I`ve search high and low cant find nothing to help.

Kirk

• 13.  RE: Aruba AP-275

Posted Mar 24, 2018 10:32 PM

Depending on the Instant version you should see the "Instant" or "SetMeUp" SSID broadcast from the IAP.  Connect to the SSID and then browse to either instant.arubanetworks.com or setmeup.arubanetworks.com and it will forward you to the WEBUI of the IAP.

Also, are you powering the IAP with PoE+?  I had an IAP-275 behave oddly when I mistakenly powered it with a standard PoE (802.3af) injector and not PoE+ (802.3at) injector.

• 14.  RE: Aruba AP-275

Posted Mar 25, 2018 03:00 PM

This is too funny thanks for your help. you describe the issue i had. "

I had an IAP-275 behave oddly when I mistakenly powered it with a standard PoE (802.3af) injector and not PoE+ (802.3at) injector." i had the wrong injector as well bought the new one and re-set the unit I was able to access and configure it.

Kirk