Wireless Access

Highlighted
New Contributor

Aruba AP 305 - Cannot login after factory reset

Hi all,

I have a strange problem with an AP 305.

I can access the login page where I am presented with the user/password, but it will accept my credentials, despite them being accepted previously.

So now we have performed a factory reset (hard reset) - again I am presented with the login screen and try the default user/password (admin/admin) - and still it will nto allow me to login. I get "Login Failed. Please Re-enter Username & Password."

This is after a factory reset.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Frequent Contributor I

Re: Aruba AP 305 - Cannot login after factory reset

Can you try with to do a factory reset with a purgenv option once?

New Contributor

We are unable to use  console as it is on a remote site. 

But it is strange that it wouldn't accept my credentials before the reset, and now after a hard reset, it still will not accept the default credentials. 

Frequent Contributor II

Sorry, but I am confused. What are you logging in to? Are you connecting to the SetMeUp-XX:XX:XX SSID and then trying to login to the AP?

Newer versions of the Instant software use the serial number of the AP as the password, no longer admin. Username is still admin.

I hope this helps,

David
Sr. Trainer and Author of "Understanding ArubaOS: Version 8.x" book
New Contributor

Yes I see the setmeup(mac) SSID advertised then trying to logon. Also have tried it via the IP address the AP took via DHCP.  Trying to login with SSH and the WebUI

I've tried a combination of admin admin and admin and the serial number upper case and lower case still no go no matter what I do I cannot logon to that AP. We've had it reset to factory 3 times and still no go.

Thanks,

Dan

New Contributor

Can someone please confirm the correct procedure to factory reset a AP 305 please.

We have tried many of the ways discribed across the web but I am not convinced that it has taken a full reset.

Frequent Contributor II

With the AP powered off, press the reset button with the universal reset tool (paper clip), add power to the AP, keep holding the reset button for about 15 seconds, then release the button and let the AP boot.
David
Frequent Contributor II

One other note, is this a sole new AP on a layer2 network? If not, it could be joining another AP that is already running as an Instant AP. Just a thought.
David
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: