Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central AP disconnection issues.

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central AP disconnection issues.

Posted Mar 06, 2019 10:13 AM

Hi there,

We have had this problem a few time with customers regarding Aruba Central.

The issue;

APs for 1 customer showing down on aruba central, it is working locally and all is fine. However we cannot logon to the AP locally as the password will not work because it is located inCentral group password etc. Should the AP locally hold on to the password so we can access/troubleshoot it when its disconnected from Central?

Troubleshooting completed;

I disconnected the APs locally, reintroduced just 1 AP and factory reset it, it would not show up on Central.

I logged into the AP with the default credentials and was able to ping device.arubacentral.com and check show activate status and all looked good. However still would not come up on Central.

So I connected up the other APs so they have access for clients locally.

This has happened a 3 times before with other customers and eventually they just re-appeared on Central.

Has anyone else experienced this, is this a flaw in Central?

I look forward to responses

Regards

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central AP disconnection issues.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 06, 2019 10:32 AM

Hi, when you see the iap down in Central but working, could you check if this IAP is correctly subscribed, license assigned, and in a correct customer and group?. May be the iap is working as iap without central sometimes. 

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central AP disconnection issues.

Posted Mar 06, 2019 10:36 AM

Hi thanks for your reply,

This has been checked and I actually took APs out of group reassigned back in etc. All the usual stuff. Still no joy.

Its very odd.

• 4.  RE: Aruba Central AP disconnection issues.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 06, 2019 12:10 PM

Ok Prodigy one question more when you say:

"APs for 1 customer showing down on aruba central, it is working locally and all is fine. However we cannot logon to the AP locally as the password will not work because it is located inCentral group password etc. Should the AP locally hold on to the password so we can access/troubleshoot it when its disconnected from Central?"

Could you put this Iap in a new group and try to configure new WLAN?. I would like to now if this new wlan is configured and broadcasted.

If you change tha admin password of ap from central can you enter via cli to iap?.

• 5.  RE: Aruba Central AP disconnection issues.

Posted Mar 06, 2019 01:07 PM

Hi,

I have similar problem with AP who was working perfectly , but Aruba Central didin't recognize them and on Aruba Central Portal the AP's was always down.

The problem was in our firewall , who block connection to Aruba Central portal. After I setup new rules on the firewall everything start to work perfectly.

• 6.  RE: Aruba Central AP disconnection issues.

Posted Apr 02, 2019 05:47 AM

Hi, I have the same problem, what rules are you created on your firewall?