Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Controller Captive Portal

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Aruba Controller Captive Portal

Posted Jul 09, 2018 06:25 PM

Dear All,

A customer has a project to deploy about 100 Aruba access points with an Aruba controller.

I would like to know if aruba controllers can provide the following features (if so, please specify the model or the licenses needed) :

• Captive portal that will forward the users of the company to the LAN and Internet and forward Guests only to Internet.
    • Store logs (credentials, visited websites, connections time and delay, etc) for one year
    • Central administration

• 2.  RE: Aruba Controller Captive Portal
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 10, 2018 11:07 AM

@AngeARUBA1987 wrote:

Dear All,

A customer has a project to deploy about 100 Aruba access points with an Aruba controller.

I would like to know if aruba controllers can provide the following features (if so, please specify the model or the licenses needed) :

• Captive portal that will forward the users of the company to the LAN and Internet and forward Guests only to Internet.
    • Store logs (credentials, visited websites, connections time and delay, etc) for one year
    • Central administration

The Policy Enforecement Firewall, PEFng for short, license will allow you to define policies that allow corporate users to access internal and Internet resources, while guest users only access Internet resources. 

For long term storage of logs, this would be done off-box from the controller. Airwave is the centralized management platform for wireless, and can be configured for long term log retention and rotation.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Controller Captive Portal

Posted Jul 10, 2018 11:15 AM

Hello Charlie Clemmer,

Thanks for your answer...that's clear

• 4.  RE: Aruba Controller Captive Portal

Posted Jul 10, 2018 11:41 AM

So, to sum up, I need this bundle license : (SKU : JW471AAE) : Aruba LIC-ENT Enterprise (LIC-AP LIC-PEF LIC-RFP and LIC-AW) Licence Bundle E-LTU because it consists of LIC-AP, Controller Policy Enforcement Firewall license and Airwave license.

• 5.  RE: Aruba Controller Captive Portal
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 10, 2018 11:47 AM

@AngeARUBA1987 wrote:

So, to sum up, I need this bundle license : (SKU : JW471AAE) : Aruba LIC-ENT Enterprise (LIC-AP LIC-PEF LIC-RFP and LIC-AW) Licence Bundle E-LTU because it consists of LIC-AP, Controller Policy Enforcement Firewall license and Airwave license.

Yes, that covers the software licenses needed. The bundle license also includes the RF Protect license for WIPS functionality.

While the Airwave licenses are included, you'll also need the server hardware to run Airwave on. 

• 6.  RE: Aruba Controller Captive Portal

Posted Jul 10, 2018 12:31 PM

Thanks a lot...I will prepare 2 virtual machines with External Syslog server and Airwave