Wireless Access

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Aruba Controller - Internal Captive Potal with ClearPass as authentication server

Hi community 

Can somebody confirm (or not):

Is it possible to use internal captive portal built in controller altogether with ClearPass as radius authentication server ?

In GUI there is option as follows:

Internal Captive Portal with authentication

but there's no option to set authentication server ?

If someone have example and can share I wiil be happy

Regards

Karol 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Re: Aruba Controller - Internal Captive Potal with ClearPass as authentication server

Yeah it should.

But thats not the normal approach..why not use ClearPass for Captive Portal ? Its much better I think

Okay, sorry I was just curious

Just go to: Authentication --> L3 Authentication --> Captive Portal Authentication --> YOUR PROFILE 

And change the Server Group.

CP_CPPM.PNG

That might work, but I have not tested this.

Regards

#ACMP #ACSP # ACCP

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: Aruba Controller - Internal Captive Potal with ClearPass as authentication server

Yes, that is possible, but not within the wizard.

Create the WLAN via the wizard and than you have to configure a new AAA Profile for that WLAN VAP.

Go to the right top corner - "admin" - "Preferences" - set the hook to show advanced Options

Than go to the WLAN SSID - right hand "Profiles" - ... - AAA and set the ClearPass AAA Profile.

This has to be configured beforehand if not already done.

All Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Yeah it should.

But thats not the normal approach..why not use ClearPass for Captive Portal ? Its much better I think

Okay, sorry I was just curious

Just go to: Authentication --> L3 Authentication --> Captive Portal Authentication --> YOUR PROFILE 

And change the Server Group.

CP_CPPM.PNG

That might work, but I have not tested this.

Regards

#ACMP #ACSP # ACCP

Highlighted

Yes, that is possible, but not within the wizard.

Create the WLAN via the wizard and than you have to configure a new AAA Profile for that WLAN VAP.

Go to the right top corner - "admin" - "Preferences" - set the hook to show advanced Options

Than go to the WLAN SSID - right hand "Profiles" - ... - AAA and set the ClearPass AAA Profile.

This has to be configured beforehand if not already done.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Hi

Thanks for all posts 

Yes I have tested it and it works 

Thanks for help

Karol

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: