Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Controller RFC Compliance List

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Aruba Controller RFC Compliance List

Posted Oct 12, 2016 07:17 AM

Hello Dears,

I'm looking for RFC Complinace List for MC 7200, for a request from Customer.

Mainly the discussion is for GRE Compliant RFC's, but prefer if there's a document for all supported RFC's.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Aruba Controller RFC Compliance List

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 12, 2016 07:20 AM

Try the ArubaOS 6.5 datasheet here:  

ArubaOS 6.5 Data Sheet - Aruba Networks

It would be the same for all controllers that run ArubaOS 6.5

• 3.  RE: Aruba Controller RFC Compliance List

Posted Oct 12, 2016 07:32 AM

I could not find RFC 2784 in the document, I want to confirm it's supported here.

We're trying to integrate with Huawei TGW, with EoGRE tunnel, it didn't go through, and they mentioned they support this RFC 2784.

Thanks.

• 4.  RE: Aruba Controller RFC Compliance List

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 12, 2016 07:50 AM

I am not sure that we formally do interoperability testing with Huawei, so it is possible that it does not work.  Any screenshots of how things are configured on the Huawei side?  On the controller side, you would type "show datapath tunnel table" and see if the encaps and decaps keep going up to see if traffic is being passed.

• 5.  RE: Aruba Controller RFC Compliance List

Posted Oct 12, 2016 08:08 AM

I will try below commands, but yesterday enabled the Keepalive messages, and they were all keep dropping (From the GUI GRE Tunnel Statistics).

They asked if we're complying with RFC 2784, but I could not confirm this from MC 7200 side, appreciating if there's any document to clarify this.

Thanks a lot.

• 6.  RE: Aruba Controller RFC Compliance List

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 12, 2016 08:17 AM

There is no documentation stating that we support that RFC that I can see.

• 7.  RE: Aruba Controller RFC Compliance List

Posted Oct 12, 2016 08:44 AM

Thanks Colin.

Can I know please which RFC is supported for MC 7200 GRE? I could not find actually this in the above document.

• 8.  RE: Aruba Controller RFC Compliance List

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 12, 2016 09:21 AM

I don't see any RFC for GRE.

• 9.  RE: Aruba Controller RFC Compliance List

Posted Oct 12, 2016 09:25 AM

Thanks Colin.

One more query please, if we need to talk with a node that comply with RFC 2784, is the only thing required is to configure GRE Tunnel as L2, and set the Protocol number to 47?

• 10.  RE: Aruba Controller RFC Compliance List

Posted Oct 21, 2016 12:55 PM

Hello,

Just updating MC 7200 was integrated with Huawei TGW with EoGRE, and set the "Protocol Number" to 25944.

Thanks.