Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba DMZ Controller for RAP

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba DMZ Controller for RAP

Posted Aug 05, 2014 04:41 AM

What is the best way to deploy an Aruba controller in the DMZ for using Aruba RAP's. I want to extend my corporate SSID to for e.g. a home office using the Aruba RAP. The controller will sit in the DMZ as a master behind a company firewall. I would like the clients to obtain an IP address from the corporate DHCP server but I am unsure what design to implement.

1. Do I have one connection on the controller connecting to the DMZ and one port connecting to an Internal network switch on vlan for e.g. 10 which the clients can obtain an IP address?

or

2. Do I only have one connection on the controller connecting to the DMZ and when the clients request an IP address I am not entirely sure of the process? Does the controller IP address then request a DHCP address on behalf of the client? What settings on the contoller do I need to configure for this? Then I will need to reconfigure the firewall rules to allow that IP address talk from the DMZ to the internal DHCP server and add the rule for the client IP address range to talk to the internal network.

I have been searching documentation but I can not find anything specific to physical connections.

Thanks

Jonathan

• 2.  RE: Aruba DMZ Controller for RAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 05, 2014 07:07 AM
    The controller has an ICSA certified firewall inside. Why not put it inside your network and avoid all the complexities with a dmz controller?