Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba IAP-305 Firmware Update

This thread has been viewed 167 times
  • 1.  Aruba IAP-305 Firmware Update

Posted Apr 17, 2017 09:05 AM

Hello,

I'm trying to update the firmware on my IAP-305 and I keep getting an error stating "Received no response from server" when clicking on Check For New Version.  I tried opening the ports required for updates on our firewall but it still wasn't working.

Current build number: 6.5.1.0-4.3.1.0_57768

Looking up similar topics I believe the mods were using PMs to send the firmware files or links to users.  Or is there a website somewhere to download them?  I haven't been able to find anything.  Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Aruba IAP-305 Firmware Update

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 17, 2017 09:09 AM

1.  You are probably still blocking the update server.

2.  You can receive downloads for devices that quality for limited lifetime warranty upgrades here:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/LifetimeWarrantySoftware/tabid/121/DMXModule/661/Default.aspx?EntryId=20388

• 3.  RE: Aruba IAP-305 Firmware Update
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 17, 2017 09:23 AM

Hey thanks for the response!  I actually found the solution in another topic.  Looks like manually entering the NTP server after changing the AP to a Static address to fix the time on the AP fixed the issue.  Topic is here, last response:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Aruba-Instant-Cloud-Wi-Fi/Firmware-update-failing-with-quot-Received-no-response-from/m-p/287541

• 4.  RE: Aruba IAP-305 Firmware Update

Posted Oct 10, 2017 05:39 PM

I'm still having same error message "received no response from server"

even after updating NTP server IP.

Any idea what is going on ?

My current firmware: 6.5.1.0-4.3.1.0_57768

Thanks.