Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Aruba IAP and Apple TV issues

I have a weird issue with my Aruba IAP and my Apple TV's and do not know how to resolve it.

First I work for a college and all of our rooms have Apple TV's for presenting materials.

I have setup an SSID that will put our faculty onto another VLAN. This works great, you can connect to it get the correct subnet and everything I have allowed them to access they can get to.

Now when I try to set bandwidth limits for this new SSID it will all of a sudden not allow me to connect to every Apple TV I have. When I take off the bandwidth limits I can connect to all Apple TV's

The next weird thing is that the current SSID that the faculty use has bandwidth limits and with this SSID I can connect to all Apple TV's. The only difference between this current SSID and the new one is that the new one is assigning a specific VLAN. The current SSID assigns the same subnet as the AP.

I have tried enabling IGMP on switches. Toggled off and on broadcast filtering, multicast transmissions optimization and dynamic multicast optimization with no success. 

I have been working with Aruba support for weeks and still not working

Let me know what I am missing here.

Thanks

Alex

Super Contributor I

Re: Aruba IAP and Apple TV issues

Hi,

Are the staff's device and the AppleTV's on the same SSID and VLAN?

If not you might need AirGroup setup to get it working.

Which limit did you set?

Cheers, Frank
Aruba Partner Ambassador| AMFX#22| ACCX#613| ACMX#733| ACDX#744

If you like my posts, kudo's are welcome. If it solves your problem, please click 'Accept as Solution'
Occasional Contributor I

Super Contributor I

To which value did you set the limit?

Cheers, Frank
Aruba Partner Ambassador| AMFX#22| ACCX#613| ACMX#733| ACDX#744

If you like my posts, kudo's are welcome. If it solves your problem, please click 'Accept as Solution'
Occasional Contributor I

I set it to 25 down 7 up, to test I put the values to the max allowed and still having issue. But as soon as I remove the bandwidth limits there is no problem connecting to the apple tv's

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: