Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Meridian

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Aruba Meridian

Posted Sep 04, 2013 08:52 AM

Hi, I need help with Meridian. As far as I know, there are such subscription types:

SUB1-MR-NAV-1

1 year subscription for 1 AP for Meridian navigation, cloud management system, support and ALE.

SW

SUB1-MR-NAVZ-1

1 year subscription for 1 AP for Meridian navigation, cloud management system, support, ALE and location based pushed notifications.

SW

SUB1-MR-APP

1 year subscription for the Meridian App. End users install an app named 'Meridian' that displays location specific content managed by the customer using the Editor. The Meridian app will include info for other locations not managed by the customer.

SW

SUB1-MR-APP-BRD

1 year subscription for a customer branded app powered by Meridian that displays location specific content managed by the customer using the Editor. End users install an app branded for the customer that will not include info for non-customer sites.

SW

SUB1-MR-APP-SDK

1 year subscription for the Meridian SDK. The customer must build and manage their own application that leverages the SDK to interface with the Meridian cloud.

SW

LIC-ALE-1

1 AP license for ALE. ALE will need to be licensed for the number of APs that are feeding information into it. Minimum 50 AP purchase.

SW

There is existing network which is performing by HP wireless equipement (100 access points). The customer wants to perform "push notifications" for clients' devices by Aruba Meridian. So, I'd like ask, which subscription I have to use to perform such system?

#LocationServices
    #ALE
    #Meridian

• 2.  RE: Aruba Meridian

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 04, 2013 10:26 AM

You need Aruba WLAN to support Meridian push notifications.  If the customer had Aruba, the the below is appropriate:

With Aruba equipment, you would want SUB1-MR-NAVZ-1 for the push notifications.  Then one of the APP subscriptions depending on how you want to deliver the product. 

• 3.  RE: Aruba Meridian

Posted Sep 04, 2013 01:08 PM

For example I'll choose SUB1-MR-APP subscription for APP.
    So, to perform "push notifications" for clients (while I'm using 100 Aruba APs) I need to buy 100 SUB1-MR-NAVZ-1 subscriptions and 1 SUB1-MR-APP subscription?

• 4.  RE: Aruba Meridian

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 04, 2013 01:20 PM

Yes.  the SUB1-MR-NAVZ-1 SKU is done on a PER AP basis so 100 of those.  

Yes. one SUB1-MR-APP for the cloud based management and app delivery within the Meridian app on the App store and Google play store.  

You may also want to consider PS-MER-APP-6WK for a one time training and app design consultation as well.

• 5.  RE: Aruba Meridian

Posted Sep 05, 2013 02:26 AM

And what about this topic: http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Aruba-Utilities-Android/Aruba-Meridian/m-p/90214
    It's said here that Aruba Meridian is multi-vendor system.

• 6.  RE: Aruba Meridian

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 05, 2013 07:12 AM

it doesn't need any WLAN to perform wayfinding providing that the client enter a starting point.  The push notifications require Aruba and our ALE context aggregator (included in the Meridian subscription) to provide hyper localized push notifications.  

That said, an app can have non-hyper-local indoor push using one of any number of push notification vendors. We recommend our partner Urban Airship. With their software you can set up push notifications that are personalized to individuals (if they've signed into an an app and indicated their preferences such as "I only want to receive room-discount notifications from X hotel"). They would essentially receive that notification wherever they are. 

Think of it as email marketing for the phone. 

• 7.  RE: Aruba Meridian

Posted Nov 07, 2013 03:41 PM
    I was able to download ALE from the support site and install it on a VM.
    I have configured it (as far as I am concerned).
    Do I need to license it? Does it come with some built in licenses.?
    I am trying to demo/play around with it.

I don't need meridian and I would also like to see how I get data off of it.

I have read the "user guide" but it has not provided much help...

• 8.  RE: Aruba Meridian

Posted Mar 02, 2015 05:46 AM

Hello Everybody, Could you please indicate if there is any Aruba Meridian Reference / Configuration guide available?

Unitl now i could not find any.

Thank you in advance