Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Networks in IBM Qradar

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Aruba Networks in IBM Qradar

Posted Jan 14, 2016 03:48 AM

Hi everyone.
    I have comprehensive wireless infrastructure which contains 5 controllers.
    Also, I'm using IBM Qradar SIEM to correlate incidents.
    I found that Aruba equipment recognized by SIEM as 3com switch. I was trying to delete that entry but it appears again and again.
    Now I'm going to investigate it. Now I have a question - does anyone know how does Aruba Networks references with 3com (may be they are using the same LAN ports vendor or something else)?

• 2.  RE: Aruba Networks in IBM Qradar

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 14, 2016 07:14 AM

Which equipment, specifically?  You might want to ask Qradar about why this happens...

• 3.  RE: Aruba Networks in IBM Qradar

Posted Jan 14, 2016 07:48 AM

Actually, Aruba is closer for me.
    Also, I issued the same question at IBM.
    Im just querying - may be someone faced the same problem.
    Aruba 3000 controller is recognized by IBM Qradar SIEM as 3com 8800 series switch.

• 4.  RE: Aruba Networks in IBM Qradar

Posted Jan 22, 2016 01:46 PM

I can't answer why, but have dealt with this before with 2 different SIEMs.  I had to contact those vendors to get a fix.  Something different about the format of the logs.

• 5.  RE: Aruba Networks in IBM Qradar

Posted Mar 03, 2022 08:36 AM
    Hi, 
    if you add logsources manually to QRadar, you simply have to change log source parse ordering in admin tab. Dont rely on automatic detection as long as you dont know how to achieve that. If you got hundreds of Arubas to manage, you may think of alternatives like connecting an Aruba management component. Use DSMedit for unsupported devices. In most cases IBM support will be able to help you.  Pls see link below for supported Aruba devices
    https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/dsm?topic=configuration-aruba-networks

------------------------------
    karl jaeger
    ------------------------------