Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba OS 8.4.0.4

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Aruba OS 8.4.0.4

Posted Aug 16, 2019 07:41 AM

This is my first time standing up a controller from new...I'm having an issue putting in a route of last resort on a new controller running 8.4.0.4.  Using the WebUI, the controller returns an error for a route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0.  The error is invalid mask address.  I'm going to try using the cli to get this route in place. 

Thanks everyone  

• 2.  RE: Aruba OS 8.4.0.4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 16, 2019 07:53 AM
    You should use "ip default-gateway" instead.

• 3.  RE: Aruba OS 8.4.0.4

Posted Aug 16, 2019 08:02 AM

Thanks @cjoseph

I negelected to mention that we use a private IP for the static default gateway. I was able to get the 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 entry to save using the cli. 

• 4.  RE: Aruba OS 8.4.0.4
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 16, 2019 08:06 AM

You should be able to use a private ip address with either command,  Is your issue solved, then?

BUT.,,,do a "show ip route" to make sure you don't have more than one default gateway configured, because it will load-balance traffic between the two ip addresses if you have more than one default route configured, which is undesirable.

• 5.  RE: Aruba OS 8.4.0.4

Posted Aug 16, 2019 08:28 AM

I'm finishing up getting the controller configured.  I'm using a previous config as a template.  I could have just loaded the config, but I wanted the experience of walking through the process.  

I'll give this a test a bit later, but so far the configs match.