Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Aruba OS 8.4.0.4

This is my first time standing up a controller from new...I'm having an issue putting in a route of last resort on a new controller running 8.4.0.4.  Using the WebUI, the controller returns an error for a route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0.  The error is invalid mask address.  I'm going to try using the cli to get this route in place. 

Thanks everyone  

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: Aruba OS 8.4.0.4

You should be able to use a private ip address with either command,  Is your issue solved, then?

BUT.,,,do a "show ip route" to make sure you don't have more than one default gateway configured, because it will load-balance traffic between the two ip addresses if you have more than one default route configured, which is undesirable.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba VIA ASE Solution - Configure VIA VPN

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Guru Elite

You should use "ip default-gateway" instead.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks @cjoseph

I negelected to mention that we use a private IP for the static default gateway. I was able to get the 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 entry to save using the cli. 

Highlighted
Guru Elite

You should be able to use a private ip address with either command,  Is your issue solved, then?

BUT.,,,do a "show ip route" to make sure you don't have more than one default gateway configured, because it will load-balance traffic between the two ip addresses if you have more than one default route configured, which is undesirable.

ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos

View solution in original post

Occasional Contributor I

I'm finishing up getting the controller configured.  I'm using a previous config as a template.  I could have just loaded the config, but I wanted the experience of walking through the process.  

I'll give this a test a bit later, but so far the configs match. 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: