Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba OS 8 Mobility Controller Cluster IP

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Aruba OS 8 Mobility Controller Cluster IP

Posted Jun 12, 2019 05:48 AM
      |   view attached

Hey everyone,

im a fresh user int the aruba mobility controller and mobility master world. I want to setup a stanrd mm => mc (Cluster) Setup.

On my Mobility Cluster (7220) i got 2 Interfaces.

One 0/0/0 with VLAN 402 and an IP-Adress (MC-01 10.3.3.154; MC-02 10.3.3.155)

Another one 0/0/2 with VLAN 102 and the IP-Adress (MC-01 10.1.2.231; MC-02 10.1.2.232)

Now i want to build the mobility Cluster over the MM. 

But i can only choose the Interface 0/0/0 eg. 10.3.3.154 as the Interface/IP for the Clustering ?

I want to build up the Cluster over the Interface 0/0/2 and the IP-.Adresses 10.1.2.231 because the other one is the Management Network where only the configuration MM => MC should work in. 

I want to have the CLuster on this 0/0/2 Interface eg VLAN 102, where our core is connected to and the APs then should connect to.

Any Ideas why i cant choose the other Interface eg. IP-Adresses at the Cluster Building Menu ?

• 2.  RE: Aruba OS 8 Mobility Controller Cluster IP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 12, 2019 07:55 AM

Please follow the guidelines here - https://ase.arubanetworks.com/solutions/id/143

That is a good configuration help for building a cluster setup.

There are other guidlines as well, which maybe help you to setup your environment.

Additional we raised up a youtube video series on ArubaOS 8.x

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsYGHuNuBZcatGA1POy6iVpVlDTLYzNFE

Video Number 4 describes clustering

If you have further issues, the community will help you.

• 3.  RE: Aruba OS 8 Mobility Controller Cluster IP

Posted Jun 12, 2019 08:29 AM

Thank you for your information but i already checked those Guidelines.

These are not for my specific configuration.

I Also saw that video but sadly there is no explanation at this point.

• 4.  RE: Aruba OS 8 Mobility Controller Cluster IP

Posted Jun 12, 2019 08:29 AM

During the initial setup (wizard), what IP you defined as the MC management IP?
    Can you run the command show controller-ip ?

This command will tell you what IP is currently in-use as the controller mgmt IP, if is not the one then you can change it by executing this command : controller-ip vlan <VLAN ID> but it will require that the MC reboots for this to take effect 

The MC mgmt IP should be one you need to configured in the Cluster settings  

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

• 5.  RE: Aruba OS 8 Mobility Controller Cluster IP

Posted Jun 12, 2019 08:47 AM
      |   view attached

Thanks for the information. Then i should ask another question about the wording management IP.

in our environment we got a decided inband and out of band management network. I want one interface for the communication between the mc's and the mm (In my wording management) and i want another interface - Cluster (productive network) where the AccessPoints will connect to. 

is this setup possible? Maybe i have to switch those pre installed mgmt interface and his purpose?

Added: please have a look at the attached configuration screenshot. The other question then is why i cant change the source IP Adress for the connection to the Mobility master ? i also do not got any chance to change this interface/IP

• 6.  RE: Aruba OS 8 Mobility Controller Cluster IP

Posted Jun 12, 2019 10:29 AM
    You can define the IP you want to use in the Cluster using the Classic Controller Cluster : Configuration > System > Cluster > Classic Controller Cluster

Or via CLI

lc-cluster group-profile MC_CLUSTER
    controller 10.10.10.1 vrrp-ip 10.20.10.1 vrrp-vlan 20

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

• 7.  RE: Aruba OS 8 Mobility Controller Cluster IP

Posted Jun 13, 2019 01:48 AM
      |   view attached

Hallo Victor,

this means i cant use the benefits of the L2 Connected Clustering of the new Aruba OS8 Version right (seamless failover etc.etc.) ? I think this is no solution for me..

Added: I also tried to configure the "controller-ip".. unfortunately it do not work too..

• 8.  RE: Aruba OS 8 Mobility Controller Cluster IP

Posted Nov 12, 2019 08:28 AM

Hi,

Did you find a solution to the problem?

I'm in the same situation:
    VLAN for management (Ge 0/0/0) and communication with the MM.
    VLAN for AP network (Ge 0/0/2) where I want to create the cluster.

Currently the MC have as controller-ip the management VLAN and there is communication with the MM, but I can not create the cluster in the other VLAN.

If I change the controller-ip to the APs VLAN, the communication with the MM is not established in the management VLAN, the IPSec tunnel is not mounted.

I am waiting for a response from the TAC to see how to proceed.

Regards

• 9.  RE: Aruba OS 8 Mobility Controller Cluster IP

Posted Nov 13, 2019 10:08 AM

We also connect to MM via the management interfaces but I was able to create the cluster fine on the 10G interfaces (We have 7220). I just followed these instructions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbhRBD6VEzA

However it seems that for dynamic segmentation to work you need to use the cluster-ip configured on the MCs. I think I can go around this by just routing the management IP towards the 10G interfaces in the AP MGMT VRF

• 10.  RE: Aruba OS 8 Mobility Controller Cluster IP

Posted Nov 13, 2019 10:20 AM

We have finally achieved this by adding the IPs of the VLAN of the AP network of each MC in the MM>Controllers>Local Controller IPSec Keys.

Once added there both IPs (VLAN management and VLAN APs) can change the controller-ip of each MC.

Now I have created the cluster using the IPs of the AP network, but I do not know why CLI appears that the leader is isolated and the other peer disconnected, I'm investigating.

• 11.  RE: Aruba OS 8 Mobility Controller Cluster IP

Posted Nov 13, 2019 10:22 AM

You can use show lc-cluster vlan-probe status to see if the controllers don't see each other on every VLAN you specified (specifying means not adding it to ignored VLANs:)

• 12.  RE: Aruba OS 8 Mobility Controller Cluster IP

Posted Nov 13, 2019 10:43 AM
    Cluster VLAN Probe Status
    -------------------------
    Type IPv4 Address    REQ-SENT REQ-FAIL ACK-SENT ACK-FAIL REQ-RCVD ACK-RCVD VLAN_FAIL CONN-TYPE START/STOP
    ---- --------------- -------- -------- -------- -------- -------- -------- --------- --------- ----------
    peer    172.16.0.252        0        0        0        0        0        0         0       N/A     0/  49

You don't seem to see each other.

But if you respond to ping between MCs