Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba OS 8 with 2 Clearpass subscriber

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Aruba OS 8 with 2 Clearpass subscriber

Posted Nov 28, 2017 06:07 AM

Hi, 

I need some advice on clearpass deployment using Aruba OS 8

I have an existing site with total auth endpoints around 8k, where we already allocate two subscriber 5k for radius servers

I am thinking about how to use two clearpass subs at the same time when we have two active-active controllers. 

I am thinking about three possibilities :

1. Using VRRP in active-active. so each controller will be configured independently to different subs server.

So controller1 will use radius 1 as main, and radius 2 as backup radius, and the controller2 will be configured otherwise (radius 2 as main radius)

2. Using Active/standby LMS. each controller will be configured independenty just like option 1

3. Deploy the two controller in one OS8 cluster.

Question 1 : is option 1 and 2 is possible in OS 8?

Question 2 : Is there is a way to configure the controller cluster to do pointitng to two clearpass subs just like option 2?

thanks for any reply

• 2.  RE: Aruba OS 8 with 2 Clearpass subscriber
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 28, 2017 09:12 AM
    You can configure the controller to load balance RADIUS traffic across the two ClearPass servers based on the Server Group and AAA Profile assigned under the Virtual-AP
    Do you have your controllers in L-2 clustered?

Get Outlook for iOS

• 3.  RE: Aruba OS 8 with 2 Clearpass subscriber

Posted Nov 28, 2017 11:25 AM

Hi victor

thanks, 

How to configure the server group to load balance the radius traffic across the two clearpasss subscriber? by assigning them into the same ordered list? is that possible

the controllers are via L2 cluster

regards