Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba WLC versus Cisco WLC

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Aruba WLC versus Cisco WLC

Posted Jul 19, 2019 12:44 PM

Hi guys,

Aruba controllers come with a built-in layer-7 stateful firewall, Cisco controllers don't. I know some concepts about, it is role-based, it is application aware, etc. What is the difference between the features both offer only regarding to firewalls? Does this mean on the Cisco WLC we can't do ACLs per user because they are not stateful? Cisco controllers are also application aware even they haven't a built-in firewall. Then, can anyone give me some practical examples? Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Julián 

• 2.  RE: Aruba WLC versus Cisco WLC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 19, 2019 01:05 PM

That sounds like competitive information which should be available to every partner.

• 3.  RE: Aruba WLC versus Cisco WLC

Posted Jul 22, 2019 06:01 PM

Hi,

Well, the competive information available states many things but nothing regarding to the built-in firewall. Anyway I am not looking for competitive information, only that it's more clear the advantages of the stateful firewall when comparing with similar products than reading the datasheet and/or user guide.

Regards,

Julián