Wireless Access

Guru Elite

Re: Aruba Wireless Network very slow

What version of ArubaOS is this?

Do you have "Drop Broadcast and Multicast" enabled on all of your Virtual APs in that AP Group?

If you have the wired port connected, you should enable "Broadcast Multicast Optimization" on that VLAN of the wired port, as well.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
New Contributor

hi .

Aruba os version :-6.3.1.15

model :- Aruba3200

There is not check box to enable multicast

Thank you

New Contributor

Hi All, We have also the same issue, when we connect through LAN, connection is fast, but when we connect on Wi-Fi, connection is very slow, we are running Aruba 6.4.410 version, recently 3 weeks back we upgraded from 6.4.2.10, before 2 days back it was very good, but suddenly, Wi-Fi stated very slow. We have Aruba Controller 7030 and 3200 as master and slave topolgy, and AP93 with AP225 and AP205 mixed and we have almost 300 Clients.

Morning when number of users are less maybe 50, it works fine, as soon as users count increases, slowness occured, there is no issue with LAN connection.

We tried every possible solution, such as connecting directly one client to Controller, rebooting, checked LAN switches still no luck. We have opened case with Aruba, and Aruba Engineer did what possible way he can, but no luck.

Let me know if any other information is required.

Prompt response highly appriciated.

Thanks

Guru Elite

What is your ticket# from TAC?  

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Collin, we too have same slowness issue.

we have end user complaints about the slowness when connected to Aruba access points(RAP 225)

can you help us on this

regards

syed

Guru Elite

There are many causes for slowness.  You should open your own forum thread and your own TAC case to get to the bottom of this.

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
New Contributor

So, I've recently come into an environment that was suffering with WiFi connectivity.

I've gone through and performed some basic cleanup Administration on the WiFi network.  This has helped connectivity immensely, however there are still issues.

AP sitting on a desk or window ledge  (Mounted the APs correctly against the wall and on Ceiling for proper wave propogation).

AP Power settings set to max, causing interference between APs on the same network.

2.4Ghz and 5Ghz radio's turned on (Disabled the 2.4Ghz bandwidth radio).

Type:
IAP 325

Firmware Version:
6.4.4.4-4.2.3.0_54225
 min-tx-power 18
 max-tx-power 24
 band-steering-mode force-5ghz

I have PEAP and TTLS Enabled

YES, the environment does sit in an area where there is an oversaturation of SSIDS available, but the signal strength on those are at -90db so I'm not seeing alot of interference from outside signals.

however on occasion, say maybe twice a week, I have issues where connected stations/devices just drop randomly for no reason whatsoever.

There is no over saturation of the newwork as a matter of fact it is really underutilized, the number of connected devices is a MAX, MAX of 24 on any one AP...so this should not be a problem.

I don't have a controller in place, just assigned one of the AP to take Master role and pass the roll to another AP if it becomes unavilable.

Any suggestions where I can turn to look at further isolating these intermittent drops?

Thank you!

New Contributor

Hello , has anyone found a solution for this problem? as we are experiencing the same scenario on our Aruba APiN0315 AP's.

Guru Elite

You should open a new thread with your own details so we can give you specific advice.  Many things cause slowness.

@Sherif-Fouad

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: